Evolution

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Simba Cub
Evolution

Postby Simba Cub » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:35 am

Setting aside that the artwork in O&M has always been very impressive and pleasing, does anyone miss certain elements now confined to history? What I mean is, do you look upon some of the earlier strips and enjoy, in their own right, the older artistic styles found in them?

I know I do. It feels to me like two different generations, even though the evolution in artwork took a certain amount of time. I adore both equally.

Rich::

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:50 am

I do too. The earlier strips concentrated a lot more on those characteristic ideosyncracies that make up childhood. I got quite a few smiles out of those, and I kinda miss that in today's strips...
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:42 am

I do, but then I look at them and the artwork looks so much less clean, in a way. So, I do think I prefer the new style.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

santi
Location:Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, SAmeruca, Colombia, Armenia, My House, in front of the Drawing Table

Postby santi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:21 pm

I think simba not only refers to the drawing style but also to the style of the humor itself, and I agree with codecat... strips like the one tim gives :ozy: a piece of blue string n_n

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:51 pm

It's hard for me to say which period I like best. They are about equal in advantage and disadvantage.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:14 am

I liked the mood of the old style of humor better, though the newer style has more meaning.

I definitely prefer the modern style of art.

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:06 am

I definitely prefer the modern style of art.
I miss Millie's old bow tho and there humor but the new one have some funny moments too so i preffer both.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:25 am

I miss it when Ozy did stuff like playing air cannon.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Novil Ariandis

Postby Novil Ariandis » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:30 pm

That's a tough question. I think the art style was never as good as today, especially since Ozy has gained some weight again.

But then, sometimes I feel, that there could be some more childhood strips like the mentioned blue string. Some new strips with Timulty would be great.

On the plus side, the amount of strips regarding policy or actual events or people in the U.S. has dropped significantly. Most of them were funny, but some I didn't understand at all and some just didn't fit in the setting.

Sandra and Woo: my webcomic about the adventures of the girl Sandra and her raccoon Woo

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:01 pm

What I liked about the old style was that Ozy had fun. He joined in with Millie's shenanigans and was like a child.

Look at this fanart from the days of the old style.

But it's DCS' comic and where he wants to take it then that's fine, I'll still be a reader.

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:36 pm

What I liked about the old style was that Ozy had fun. He joined in with Millie's shenanigans and was like a child.
Yeah, I miss the playfull Ozy & Millie

Today, O&M act like teenagers...Ozy never plays with Millie, Millie rarely play with ernest

But I do like the "cleaner" look of Today's O&M art but the "childish" O&M was awesome.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:56 pm

You really managed to say what I was thinking. Back in 1998 and 1999, Ozy and Millie were kids. They were friends, they played together. Now, Ozy is just calm and quiet, and Millie is either crazy or philosophical. They don't really have fun anymore... :sad:
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:39 pm

I found that the earlier strips had a more innocent quality, whereas the more modern strips seem more mature or thought provoking.

Both are good :)

Rich::

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:56 pm

The blue string strip has to be my favourite O&M ever. I really miss that kind of stuff.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:43 pm

The blue string strip has to be my favourite O&M ever. I really miss that kind of stuff.
That strip makes me feel like buying some blue string, and passing it around. Fun times.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Return to “Ozy and Millie”