The deluge - DC's taking the week off

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

NHJ BV
The deluge - DC's taking the week off

Postby NHJ BV » Tue May 09, 2006 11:12 am

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/2006/om20060509.gif

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not that I think these pieces of artwork are even better than a lot of the normal strips :smile:
Zen Master Ikyoto said: "The world is vast and wide. Why, then, do you wear pants in which you could smuggle Volkswagens?"

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Tue May 09, 2006 11:14 am

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/2006/om20060509.gif

Hmm there are times like this where it's a good thing DCS doesn't have to draw up daily strips for big corporate types who run big newspapers.

[Edit: GAH YOU BEAT ME]

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Tue May 09, 2006 11:26 am

That's one scary inbox.
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Tue May 09, 2006 2:20 pm

Kinda reminds one of the typical inbox you'd see after coming back from that Aruba vacation. [Or pick another hot tourist spot =p]
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue May 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Now its time for furious speculation about what the non-strip parts of the job are.

I'd guess something about t-shirt and book sales. Probably, also buying supplies or something.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

DesertFoxCat

Postby DesertFoxCat » Tue May 09, 2006 4:16 pm

I was thinking pawning off his clothes for art supplies, but you might be right too.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue May 09, 2006 6:19 pm

Better to take a week off now than burn out for a month later.

Also, kudos to DCS, the single frame, large format strips are almost iconic in their representation of the emotion's you're trying to get across. I don't know if they're more work or less, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

*yes, Mista_B is back, briefly. I got a good stranglehold on my life, for good or ill, let's just see how long I can ride this one out before I pass out.*
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Well good thing my homework is keeping me busy like a bee, or id be crushed.
*yes, Mista_B is back, briefly. I got a good stranglehold on my life, for good or ill, let's just see how long I can ride this one out before I pass out.*
hey WB for however short it is
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Bringerofpie

Postby Bringerofpie » Tue May 09, 2006 11:44 pm

As someone who's dabbled in comics myself, I'm going to have to say that single panel comics are easier. I actually draw all of my panels the same size and resize on photoshop, so (to me at least) it's the difference between one panel and three.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Wed May 10, 2006 1:14 am

After a long time of inspecting this image... I realized that Ozy has fur!

:wag:

CoreyFox

Postby CoreyFox » Wed May 10, 2006 1:16 am

It's not related to the storyline. And maybe DCS is taking the week off to give time for Ozy's fur to grow back. That's the way it was last year when Millie deflected the curse onto herself.

And B, if you're still there. I'm glad you've found the new forum site since the move.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed May 10, 2006 6:11 pm

Now its time for furious speculation about what the non-strip parts of the job are.

I'd guess something about t-shirt and book sales. Probably, also buying supplies or something.
Not exactly, check out the last few posts in his LJ about what led to a little "personal time".

Novil Ariandis

Postby Novil Ariandis » Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Well, I surely didn't expect... that. :shock:

I really can't say that I understand why someone feels that he is really a woman and not a man. But if he really feels like that, it's his desicion and I won't blame him for it.

Sandra and Woo: my webcomic about the adventures of the girl Sandra and her raccoon Woo

Bringerofpie

Postby Bringerofpie » Wed May 10, 2006 9:19 pm

Yeah, she talked about that over on I Read This.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed May 10, 2006 9:30 pm

Yeah, she talked about that over on I Read This.
*Makes a note to sign up over on IRT*
I think all of us support her entirly.
ImageImage

Return to “O&M Strips”