Monday, May 18, 1998: Bubbles

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 am

This is cute.

Hey, wait...

NO SHAME.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Re: Monday, May 18, 1998: Bubbles

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:50 am

Ozy's smiling when he says it, Girl is very sad when she says it.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Feefers

Postby Feefers » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:57 am

Ozy's smiling when he says it, Girl is very sad when she says it.
This is because Girl is very emo and unable to speak about her emotions without conveying them.

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 am

Ozy is happy because he knows his lines are original while Girl knows that what she's saying is a freaking ripoff.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Girl is said because she is only identified by her gender, not her proper name. This means no matter what she accomplishes in life her most defining characteristic will be her sex. She could become a doctor who cures aids and marries Bruce Cambell but this will be less defining then the fact that she has a vagina.

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Heh, I didn't even notice this; kind of creepy that Ozy is watching little bubbles terminate themselves and ostensibly expresses his sadness, but he's got that little half-smile, an evil little glint in the eye...
Girl is said because she is only identified by her gender, not her proper name. This means no matter what she accomplishes in life her most defining characteristic will be her sex. She could become a doctor who cures aids and marries Bruce Cambell but this will be less defining then the fact that she has a vagina.
When you put it that way, Girl actually becomes a tragic figure; unwanted in the real world, she tries to seek refuge in the thickness of the forest, where she believes that the animals talk to her (of course they don't, they're animals), but she's been so repressed that even in her own imagination, she can think of herself not as an individual, but merely as a female, and so has them refer to her as 'girl'; a term usually applied to animals kept as pets, derogatory as a reference to a human.

Clearly.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:42 pm

I think the idea of this strip is that the little girl is going to stay one for as long as the strip will run. Did any of the "Peanuts" children ever reach adulthood? :wink:

I did show the "Girl" strip to my mother, and said that the strip made her think of her daughter (my sister).

Presumably DCS is living the girlhood she wanted instead of the boyhood she got instead.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Eh, I don't think Ozy is smiling at all. He just has his mouth open and the angle makes it look like a smile. Seriously. Besides, he's zen and all about it. Girl is just being weird.

Oh, in the last few strips of Girl, her real name will be revealed to be Ivana Humpalot.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Eh, I don't think Ozy is smiling at all. He just has his mouth open and the angle makes it look like a smile. Seriously. Besides, he's zen and all about it. Girl is just being weird.

Oh, in the last few strips of Girl, her real name will be revealed to be Ivana Humpalot.

I vana Hump a lot? youre joking, right?

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:02 am

Oh yes, the infamous "Bubbles" scandal of aught-nine. It shall forever be remembered as one of the most nefarious acts of self-plagiarization ever in any mildly-successful internet cartoon strips.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 am

I vana Hump a lot? youre joking, right?
Clearly you have never seen any of the Austin Powers films or you would've gotten the reference. :P In other words, yes. :millie:
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

in 2011 it will be revealed that DCS has once again changed her name, this time to Amanda Huggenkis.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 am

in 2011 it will be revealed that DCS has once again changed her name, this time to Amanda Huggenkis.
Hey, eventually she might even be Alotta Fagina.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 am

Or Dixie Normus

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:44 am

more like Dixie Nomo.

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”