RE: Doodle Mania

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:23 pm

I was thinking that maybe since the bulk of Fan Works posts has ended up in DOODLE MAINIA, we should try making it so new posts go into other topics. Now, it's just terribly difficult to split such a topic, so I'd probably not even bother. Rather, maybe if we just make new topics for what we would put in them... Any suggestions you have on how to make this split? I was thinking of splitting them between<ul><li>Doodles - The kind of stuff the Doodle Mania topic was meant to have, stuff dumped from notes and such</li><li>Sketches - Finer drawings that are scanned and maybe cleaned up, but otherwise nothing special</li><li>CG - Colorings, computer graphics, and desktops</li><li>O&M fan art - Strictly O&M fan art, final works and such...</li></ul>Well, this might not be the best way, but I would like to know so we might be able to finish a transition by the end of the month.

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:14 pm

Well, doing this sort of stuff on an online thing like this is very unforgiving, there's no undo, and it's pretty complicated, even though the task seems as if it should be simple.<br><br>We'll see.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:52 am

I meant something more along the lines as starting a set of new topics with the ground rules laid out, and then locking the original DOODLE MAINIA topic when people are used to the idea.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:37 am

Would be a good idea... The topic is quite out of hand (Muahahahah)<br><br>But the difficulty of the split is evil and the confusion of multiple doodle topics would surley insue chaos.

Return to “The Site”