100 users online

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:53 pm

145 of those guests are probably internet spiders. We get a lot of bots crawling this site.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:06 am

Need to set some spider traps. ;)
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:53 am

Need to set some spider traps. ;)

Too true.

Holy crap, it's worse than before!!!!!

Most users ever online was 382 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:40 am

Auuuuuuuggggghhhhh!!!! Spideys all over me!!! Get em off! GET EM OFF!!!!

*screams*
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Sage

Postby Sage » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:02 am

Completely useless boy to save the day!

Here, have some highly toxic spider spray. *sprays your eyes*

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:11 am

AAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHHH! MY EYES!!!!!

thanks for killing the spidersAUGAUUUGHHHAAAUUAHHAUUAAA!! MY eyes, they burn!!!!!!!!
But at least there are are no more spiders. however, I am now blind. Oh well, win some, lose some, eh? :lol:

*me leaves, tripping and stumbling over doorframe and dead spiders in the process.*
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:29 pm

145 of those guests are probably internet spiders. We get a lot of bots crawling this site.
Apart from a few exceptions (which I presume are the ACTUAL anonymous users browsing right now), all of them are from Yahoo's crawler. When Yahoo indexes a site, it does so from a bazillion differrent IPs (well, more like a maximum of 64516 of them). Since guests are users without accounts, Invision simply makes the assumption that a single IP corresponds to a single user. This usually works out -- but there are some cases, like this or AOL's proxy server, where a single user will use many IPs over the course of a session. This then gets interpreted as many users.

Since Yahoo is slowly indexing the entire site, and requesting each page from a different IP, we're seeing a ridiculous number of users -- but the actual traffic generated is reasonably low (Yahoo wouldn't want to inadvertently DOS sites, after all), so there's no perceived slowdown.
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:59 am

There's no way there were 282 people online at once... bots everywhichway! :arrow: (If there were more arrows I would use them).

I lurked for maybe a day, went to sleep, woke up, saw that NO ONE had pointed out the cabbage in that day's strip, and so my account was made.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Return to “The Site”