Chat Room LOCKDOWN!!

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

jent
Staff
Chat Room LOCKDOWN!!

Postby jent » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:57 pm

Well due to abuse (obviously no one from DC) I am making some changes to the chat room. I am setting it up so NO ONE can connect via an open proxy or from an IP with an open proxy on it. Also on connecting to the network your IP will be compared to several databases for abusive users, dosers, and people who spread viruses.

Like in any security measure it may get some of the good with the bad. For example you could have an IP that at one time was owned by a spamer and now your blocked even though the spammer does not have the IP any more. Granted these chances are small....And I highly doubt it will effect anyone.

But that is what is going on, if for some reason you do get cought by bopm (bopm is the bot doing the scanning)........just let me know via a reply here and I will make sure that there wont be any problems for you in the future. Also letting me know the last couple lines of your server text will help me know why you were blocked, and thus make it quicker to let you back on the network.

Like I said I don't think this will block or hurt anyone but if it does let me know. This should help in fact protect DC against spammers, viruses, and other nasties.

Thanks, and if this does effect you, I am sorry and we will get ya back up and running ASAP....
cheers.....
<center>Image</center>

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:01 am

IRC spamming, eh? How exciting. Hopefully the security measures will be sufficient.
Made by Angela. :D

Return to “The Site”