E.Ts

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Do Ufos and aliens exist?

Yes
30%
No
13%
I don't know
26%
I don't care
30%

Total votes: 23

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:29 am

Ooh, I LIKE that! Heh.
Introducing new Dark Side RocketGirl™: Quicker, Easier, More Seductive!

ImageImage

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 am

They would probably look more like Solaris, or something.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... indows.jpg
oh shit I saw one of those outside my window the other night :shock:
Last edited by Dr. Sticks on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:01 am

Wrong.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 am

I certainly believe there are other life forms out there...when you think of it, the universe is so vast that statistically you'd think there'd have to be some sort of life. I doubt they've ever reached us though, hence why I voted "I don't know" in the poll. From the question, I gathered it was asking whether I believed that aliens and UFOs exist here on earth, and I honestly don't know, though I doubt it.

We humans are great at coming up with explanations for things we can't explain. You never know what sort of aircraft the military is working on...

Also we love to pull hoaxes. I'd say 95% of the UFO videos on youtube are hoaxes, and the other 5% are easily explainable, though the filmmaker might have believed it to be a UFO. Youtube is a ridiculously unreliable source.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 am

I don't know. I think that it is plausible and possible.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:45 am

On the subject of "aliens" visiting earth in the past, there is striking similarity and sometimes no differance in the recorded accounts relating to spirits, fairies and aliens through the centuries from cultures divided by time and geography. The common view of small, oval headed, large eyed humanoids has been observed before the current UFO craze began. Being taken forecefully, as if hypnotised or willingly to the sky or an enclosed space is common in both fairy and UFO lore, as is the loss of time.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 am

On the subject of "aliens" visiting earth in the past, there is striking similarity and sometimes no differance in the recorded accounts relating to spirits, fairies and aliens through the centuries from cultures divided by time and geography. The common view of small, oval headed, large eyed humanoids has been observed before the current UFO craze began. Being taken forecefully, as if hypnotised or willingly to the sky or an enclosed space is common in both fairy and UFO lore, as is the loss of time.
That's certainly interesting, but not inexplicable; humans throughout the ages have had similar psychologies, and it is not altogether surprising that some common themes occur, even independently of one another. There is also always a possibility of direct spread of ideas.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

MaxFox

Postby MaxFox » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:40 am

Well I mean there are a gajillion other galaxies out there so there's gotta be life one one of them right??

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:41 am

I would like to see some proof or evidence to prove the existance of aliens.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:21 am

there isn't any.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:45 pm

If there are aliens then looking for them at different planets is the wrong place.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:14 am

I was hugely interested in alien life and space in general as a kid. I still consider myself to be more so than most people. As a kid I thought it was most likely that intelligent life did exist somewhere else, and only leaned toward unlikely that Earth had ever been visited. But for years now, in case of anything remotely scientifically disputed (religion or whatever) I've gone by the philosophy that the only truth one can possibly know is that one can't really know anything. I think some famous philosopher dude said that, but I don't know the exact quote. I try to lend theories or insight but not often my opinion. If it's not obvious, you won't get a real answer out of me because I dunno :p

As far as the ancient consistently reoccurring humaniod creepy-grey-people stories Jack was talking about, I've heard the same things. I'd be interested to know if anyone has credible information discrediting the research done or explaining it in a scientific no-aliens way.

If there truly were spacey abductions like that, then it's doubtful they were by aliens since, as Baconsticks said, it's unlikely that aliens would look like us. What's slightly more likely is that we shared a common ancestor who developed amazing technology before recorded history and then left Earth and evolved separately from us, possibly synthetically through gene manipulation, only to come back much later and creep us the pants out.
I've seen a UFO. \o/
It looked like a glowing sphere, and it was roughly three times as bright as the nearest planet. It rose slowly up into the sky, paused for a sec, and then disappeared. It was pretty cool.
Many reports of lolaliens seem to say that the UFOs don't accelerate/decelerate as normal objects would, as if they have no inertia at all, or have some kind of reverse inertia. Would you say this fits with what you saw? If it resembled any sort of normal physics, I'd say it was a firework or a flare or similar. They actually make fireworks that appear exactly as you described.

RocketGirl should draw her UFO so we can see it.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:04 am

I've seen a UFO. \o/
It looked like a glowing sphere, and it was roughly three times as bright as the nearest planet. It rose slowly up into the sky, paused for a sec, and then disappeared. It was pretty cool.
Many reports of lolaliens seem to say that the UFOs don't accelerate/decelerate as normal objects would, as if they have no inertia at all, or have some kind of reverse inertia. Would you say this fits with what you saw? If it resembled any sort of normal physics, I'd say it was a firework or a flare or similar. They actually make fireworks that appear exactly as you described.
I was thinking that it could a firework, (I don't think it was a flare, because it seemed to be over an Appalachian Trail mountain range, and it was rising VERY slowly) but what was interesting is that the thing actually stopped dead for a couple seconds before it disappeared. It also appeared in midair, with no report or any other noise. My sister and I were looking right in that area admiring the moon, so we saw the whole thing.

I don't know what it was, but I doubt it was packing aliens. Seemed a little small for that. Or maybe it was far away...
Meh, I dunno. It was a cool experience though. :)
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:07 am

I don't know if any of ya'll know this but there's this town in West Texas called Marfa. It's famous because there's these lights that appear on certain nights. Most people think that they are alien spacecraft. The thing is that so far nobody has been able to explain them.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:02 am

really? I thought that Marfa was famous because it is an artists' mecca. wasn't the town basically turned into an art museum by Donald Judd.

While I remember hearing about the lights as well, I think that you exaggerate in all of the stories you've told, by saying that "most people" think it's related to aliens, and that "nobody" can explain them otherwise. I think that in reality, it's rather that "most alien-nuts" think that they're related to aliens, and "no alien-nuts" explain them otherwise.

Return to “Anything”