Hand... In Pain...

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Gecko
Hand... In Pain...

Postby Gecko » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:53 am

I'm typing with only my left hand now, since my right hand hurts from trying to accomplish a task that exceeds impossible and goes on a few miles only to stop and laugh at me.

Since most of you probably don't know, OTO2 is a rhythm action game for the DS that came out in Japan (I imported it). The game itself is pretty simple: you listen to a piece of music and tap beats, move your stylus along sliders, and spin... well, spinners along with the beat.

It all sounds fun and simple... then you try to S-rank a stage (be perfectly on beat 90% of the time). This is a video of the last stage on the hardest difficulty... no, it's not my video, but yes, I did manage to do this. The game has a replay function that lets you watch the song play out, and that's how most people upload this to youtube. It would be highly inconvenient to play the song over and over again (took me over 30 tries) with a camera right in front of you the whole time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9V2hNiRCg0

Hard, but crazy fun! :twisted:
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:56 pm

My hands hurt too.
Let's see:
Thistles from weeding,
Mosquito and Black fly bites,
Cuts and scrapes from weeding again,
Various raw spots and callouses from raking, chopping, shoveling, lifting etc. lots of stuff.
Dirt that I cannot scrub out, even with that orange gritty shop soap.
Various other small cuts.

Damn.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:49 am

...holy freaking CRAP.

That makes Elite Beat Agents look like absolutely NOTHING.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:03 am

...holy freaking CRAP.

That makes Elite Beat Agents look like absolutely NOTHING.
I know, EBA was my first, and Ouendan 2 is my second one. I'll probably pick up the original Ouendan later.

SSAY (O2's final song) makes Jumpin' Jack Flash look like a joke. After I beat SSAY for the first time, I turned EBA on, played JJF, and got an S-Rank on in for the first time. The game is probably harder because the Japanese gamers have 1337 5k1llz.

1337 5k1llz = hand-eye coordination
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:10 am

I thought geckos could grow new limbs...
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:17 am

My hands hurt too.
Let's see:
Thistles from weeding,
Various raw spots and callouses from raking, chopping, shoveling, lifting etc. lots of stuff.

Damn.
You've got Extreme Gardener 2 for Wii?
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:31 pm

I thought geckos could grow new limbs...
I think that only applies to the tail.

I can't grow new ANYTHING because, being an axolotl, I never completed the biological maturation process. Which is one thing I love about axolotls... even when they're all grown up, they're still (biologically) immature. Just like me!

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:41 pm

<__< when I checked the wikipedia page it said axolotls that haven't been matured with hormones can regrow stuff, sometimes even parts of the brain that aren't vital.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 pm

Ooh. I thought it was the other way around... that normal axolotls can't regrow anything, but ones that have been force-matured with hormones could. So you're telling me it's just the opposite?

COOL! MY KILLING POWER IS INCREASED!!1!

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:56 pm

Ooh. I thought it was the other way around... that normal axolotls can't regrow anything, but ones that have been force-matured with hormones could. So you're telling me it's just the opposite?
Less mature organisms are still growing, and thus are more likely to have the appropriate cells to re-grow various tissues. This is normal. In fact, if you cut a finger off a small enough child, it will grow up to have the correct amount, because it will grow a new finger to replace it (not that I'm recommending you test that...).
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:41 pm

Man, you guys are good at hijacking topics... :wink:

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:08 pm

Less mature organisms are still growing, and thus are more likely to have the appropriate cells to re-grow various tissues. This is normal. In fact, if you cut a finger off a small enough child, it will grow up to have the correct amount, because it will grow a new finger to replace it (not that I'm recommending you test that...).
I want to try that out with a child.

Anyway! The thing with axolotls is, even though they're biologically immature, they are "done" growing up... they're neotenic. And I do know that you can't keep them with fish (unless the fish are small enough for the axolotl to eat, and you're giving him the fish as a food source), because fish will nibble on the axolotl's gill stalks, and those DON'T grow back.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:19 pm

So then what exactly about them is biologically immature, if they can reproduce?
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:32 pm

My hands hurt too.
Let's see:
Thistles from weeding,

Damn.
You've got Extreme Gardener 2 for Wii?
Yeah, It's so intense, I can't tell the difference between it and reality.
Some other titles in my collection are:

Drive this shitty truck over there 3000.
Tear apart this random trailer/building for PC.
Rake this or Shovel that 3.
Krazy kindling chopper X, and my personal favourite:
Not so extreme paycheck 400.

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 am

Man, you guys are good at hijacking topics... :wink:
Welcome to DC. :P
Made by Angela. :D

Return to “Anything”