Post Your Dreams

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 am

holy water.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:27 am

I had a dream that I snuck out of the house that I lived in back in Oregon and I was wandering around the neighborhood in the middle of the night. Then a massive alien overlord spaceship, like the yolkian one from Jimmy Neutron, flew low over the town and I heard the aliens say "SHIT I TOLD YOU TO ACTIVATE THE CLOAKING DEVICE". Then I hopped a few fences, apparently went in a huge circle, and ended up in my back yard without realizing it at first. I sat down because I didnt know I was in my back yard, then my dad came through the back yards sliding glass door thing and he was all like "What the fuсk has gotten into you lately? I think it's because of the video games you play blahlbblabhabahblabhalha, first you turn down the nice gun that I bought you, and now this! It was a nice, big gun, too." I ignored him the whole time. Then he made me go to bed and I was trying to think of a way to sneak out of the house again, and then I thought "Wait, how did I get out in the first place?" And I had no idea, so I just fell asleep and woke up in the real world =D

Also I have a mental image of the gun that he bought me. I know what it looks like because I remember recollecting, in my dream, the scene of him giving it to me and me saying I didn't want it. It was the chain gun from Fallout 3. I also remember extremely deeply regretting turning down the gun =[
Every one of my dreams contains at least one video game reference.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:25 am

This dream isn't mine but it still creeps the hell out of me.

My dad had a dream that he and all of his relatives were standing in a circle. In the middle of the circle was a angel. Then the angel walked towards my Dad. He was about to grab him but then he said, "No. It is not your time." Then the angel walked towards my Uncle Ruben and took him into the center of the circle.

Two weeks later.... My Uncle Ruben died in a motorcycle accident.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:29 am

it's called prophetic dreaming, and it's hereditary. When you're older, you may find yourself having the same occurrences where you dream of someone random from your past, and then shortly after you meet them or read about them being in an accident.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:32 am

I once had a dream where I predicted my own death. Only it was supposed to be on a field trip in Houston in the 5th grade. The dream included me getting shot in the back about three times.

??????????????????????

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:34 am

well, that obviously wasn't a prophetic dream. more an anxiety dream.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:35 am

Who knows? Maybe it still can happen.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:40 am

you're no longer in the 5th grade. Dreams of that nature are generally cause by some sort of anxiety, conscious or subconscious. they're not indicative that you will literally die or be harmed.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:09 am

My dad once dreamed that he accidentally killed God with a plate-glass window while God was shopping at Kroger, The Omen style.

Yeah, man. My dad killed God.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:23 am

My dad once dreamed that he accidentally killed God with a plate-glass window while God was shopping at Kroger, The Omen style.

Yeah, man. My dad killed God.
Your dad is awesome.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:45 pm

I had a dream a few nights ago where I kept running from a tidal-wave/tsunami not unlike the one on Deep Impact.

It kept coming, and each time I tried to find a new place to run/hide from it and failed. I tried stealing a truck to outrun it, failed. I tried climbing a high hill, failed. I tried hiding in a basement, failed.

Each time I drowned.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Pretty sure last night I dreamed about winning SNES controllers off Ebay. And then going to Physics class on a Saturday where I had no clue wtf was going on and discovered we had a test the following day.

I then woke up and it was 2 PM.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:40 pm

I have these kind of dreams all the time.

I had a cartoony dream where a crab was about to hit a frog. When the crab hit the frog in the head with his claw, my head joltted back as if the crabs was hitting me.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Last night, I had a dream that I was observing a battle between two forces (I think it was between Jihadists terrorists and Americans). The battle was raging on, fairly well matched, until only the leader of the terrorist army was left standing. Before he could celebrate victory though, a huge black raven swooped down and ripped his head off. It carried it to the top of a mountain, perched on it, then proceeded to pluck out the eyes and eat them.

The night before last, I had a dream I was in an Animaniacs episode. I wonder if the two are related. :P
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:22 am

I will now decifer your dreams. I'm quite good at this really.
I was at home with my mom, and she had this kid with her. She told me to look after him for the day, bring him to college with me, and come right home afterwards. I agreed.

Children in terms can be symbolistic for responsibility or renewal or the future (that kind of sounded cliche)

I can't remember what happened at the college anymore, but on the way home I thought it'd be fun to take a detour to Astroworld, a park in Houston that doesn't exist anymore (in real life). We were SUPPOSED to come right home, but I figured a few rides wouldn't hurt.
To me the road symbolizes life. Of course in this dream you had two destinations one of them being home and the other being Astroworld. I feel like that the park represents reckless fun, which interms is considered to be the wrong road to parents since you were supposed to go straight home. In real life this could mean the talk you had with your parents saying you shouldn't take drugs and and don't do this and that and so on and so forth. Not saying that you do any of that stuff it but it applies to most people. In your dream you decided to go down the wrong road.
Not dark as in dim lighting, but dark as in ominous. But we went on this ride called the Dungeon Drop. And when we got to the top, the cars started flailing wildly and falling off the tower.
This to me represents a climax. As the saying goes, the bigger they are the harder they fall. Let's say hypothetically that a person is in a gang, of course there will be fun (girls, sex, money, drugs) of course not all of this can last and ultimately leads to death.
And I was an invisible ghost, or something. I remember I was at my house, and my parents were there... they were just really quiet. They didn't say anything. I tried to communicate with them, talk to them, but no matter what I did they couldn't hear me. Then they just left.

I decided to go out to the front porch for some reason, and I saw a newspaper that they had evidently dropped on the ground. It mentioned a horrible accident that had happened at Astroworld, and listed all the people who had died. I was on that list, and so was the kid.
The kind of third person view brings to mind the story of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. In the story Scrooge was ghost when the ghost of christmas yet to come took him to see all the cosequenses of his greed. This could also apply here. In this case you see the consequences of you making a wrong choice. The death of the child could symbolize the death of resposibility or your future. Of course making a wrong choice doesn't kill you but if it is really bad it could alter your futue for the worse. Maybe in this dream Death could mean change in a sense of negativity.

I really thought that I'd have to live with gut-wrenching guilt for, like, eternity or something. And I'd never be able to talk to any of my friends or family ever again, but I'd be able to witness their sadness and disappointment.
As I said before the third person point of view allows a full understanding of the consequenses.

In conclusion I feel that this dream means that you should think about making right choices in life for the wrong choices not only have effect on your future and on yourself but also to your loved ones.

Keep in mind that this is only my interpretation. It's not set in stone. Dreams are mysterious with multiple meanings. This is mine.[/quote]
Last edited by Segovia on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Anything”