This must be a record

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:20 am

This thread inspired me to give Tokelau money, because Tokelau is cool, and Dot.tk is probably the most creative government venture I've seen in a long time.

Why did I buy a domain today, of all days? Because I found out today that their domains are CHEAP! Like, three years of lupinia.tk costs less than one year of lupinia.net! Craziness!
How much does it cost? I can get two years of .co.uk for £3.98, which is pretty good, and it doesn't look like you're a great big cheapskate with a site not worth visiting (because most .tk domain names are free and ad-ridden, they carry a rather negative image).
Or for $150, you can get a domain in .co.ck, the coolest top-level domain EVER.

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:12 am

i suggest you take that up with the ice bears then.
And the skysharks. :P
Made by Angela. :D

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:12 am

This thread inspired me to give Tokelau money, because Tokelau is cool, and Dot.tk is probably the most creative government venture I've seen in a long time.

Why did I buy a domain today, of all days? Because I found out today that their domains are CHEAP! Like, three years of lupinia.tk costs less than one year of lupinia.net! Craziness!
How much does it cost? I can get two years of .co.uk for £3.98, which is pretty good, and it doesn't look like you're a great big cheapskate with a site not worth visiting (because most .tk domain names are free and ad-ridden, they carry a rather negative image).
Whoa, how can I get a .co.uk so cheap? A .tk is actually comparable in price after conversion, I purchased three years of lupinia.tk for $25.

Not that I have a particular need for another domain (this is #4, and I haven't gotten Lupinia's hosting services working enough to sign people up for yet), but I really like and support the dot.tk program/business/whatever, and it was really damn cheap for a fully-functional domain.

The only catch is that you have to provide your own DNS server(s), but that's no big deal, most hosting providers will provide DNS for you.

Svix

Postby Svix » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:21 am

You're all crazy. Canada ftw.
This is a tad random, but what the hey, so is this thread.

I've had random urges to go to Canada, it sounds quite awesome - an English speaking country but nice 'n big. Without the American...tang.

Argh this island is so small!

Flight: Departing Birmingham, 15 Mar 2008
Total price (GB Pounds, GBP, £) £878.60 :sad:

Holley

Postby Holley » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:51 am

Britains small? I've not visited it all yet!

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:55 am

My god, the college alone is forty minutes away. And you think Britain is small?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Svix

Postby Svix » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Britain is tiny! Well, certainly England is. I guess it's because my family tend to holiday here all the time, I've only ever been abroad to France twice, once when I was very small. We go to Cornwall each year which is very nice and has a good beach/surf but we're kinda trapped into going now.

As for the other parts of the country you have the obligatory lets visit London every now or then, then in Easter we usually pick random parts of the country to poke at which have included the rest of the south-west, most of the south coast, the north-east and north-west coasts, most of Yorkshire and the Lake/Peak district. Then I have family connections in other bits of the west so it's really just the east coast left unexplored, but I'm not sure there's any point!

And 388.7 people per km² is just crappy.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Britain is smaller in area than Florida, except maybe if you count overseas territories.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Return to “Anything”