So my school thinks I'm nuts.

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo
So my school thinks I'm nuts.

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed May 02, 2007 7:47 pm

So today I felt exactly like Ozy when he was sent to the psychologist. Today I was asked to speak with the guidance counselor because teachers were complaining I "Talk to myself" and am "being abnormal."
Wow.
:roll:
ImageImage

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed May 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Meh, pants 'em. Walking the abnormal path alone is better than walking the normal path with the sheep.

jent
Staff

Postby jent » Wed May 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Meh, pants 'em. Walking the abnormal path alone is better than walking the normal path with the sheep.
I agree.....

At the same time with all these school shootings I think teachers are getting paranoid. And they don't really know who to target so they may just target anyone who is not the norm. I am just talking out of my ass, and this is pure speculation but they could just be verifying your not going to shoot up the place.
cheers.....
<center>Image</center>

Versilaryan

Postby Versilaryan » Wed May 02, 2007 9:30 pm

I agree. Teachers have been getting a little paranoid because of those shootings.

But still, those are pretty minor things compared to the extra-violent screenplays and stories that landed someone else at the psychiatrist's a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure it was on the news somewhere.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed May 02, 2007 9:52 pm

A friend of mine was suspended from school several years ago for writing a story titled "Faux Columbine"
It was the only story she ever wrote where no one actually died.
Not the principal, nor any of her teachers, knew the word Faux mean Fake. The principal of the school thought that she misspelled "f***".
So the only story she ever wrote where noone died she got suspended, but all the other violent fantasy stories went untouched. Heh.
ImageImage

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Wed May 02, 2007 10:03 pm

What Roo said!

Tabris_The_17th

Postby Tabris_The_17th » Thu May 03, 2007 3:22 am

Normal is boring. Don't let those looking for easy way outs rather than actual solutions to problems get to you Kelix. Best of luck with all this.
www.aiacrowd.com- Now updating every Tuesday and Friday!
"Like a post modern Peanuts with cat eared girls...kinda"

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu May 03, 2007 4:15 am

I was always seen to be "different" by the teachers. Turns out I had minor ADHD. Some of them then got concerned that my parents didn't put me on ritalin...my Mum says one of them even phoned to ask if I was lying about not being on it.

Basically, teachers just want order. Some times they can't understand kids and that scares them, especially the older ones that think they know everything. People are always weary of different things. I for example, grew up in a small rural town with no black people, and when I came to Leeds it was a bit of a shock. I'm not racist, nor am I predudice against anyone, but to me they were different from what I was used to. Now, in that instance I liked the difference as I'm a big fan of change, but you can see how people that don't like change could be a little freaked out by...well, anything a little dark. Heck, reciting Alkaline Trio lyrics is enough to get you sectioned under the mental health act these days.

The Donmeister

Postby The Donmeister » Thu May 03, 2007 5:07 am

We all think you're nuts, Tum0. :wink:

You should try being deliberately abnormal. It's good fun.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu May 03, 2007 7:06 am

Looks like the schools are "cracking down" on the "problems" again.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 am

Don't worry, at least you weren't moved to a "special" school for drug addicts and "problem" children because you made a Counter-Strike level of your school so closely after a school shooting that has been shown to not have involved video games in no way whatsoever.

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Thu May 03, 2007 11:52 am

A friend of mine was suspended from school several years ago for writing a story titled "Faux Columbine"
It was the only story she ever wrote where no one actually died.
Not the principal, nor any of her teachers, knew the word Faux mean Fake. The principal of the school thought that she misspelled "f***".
So the only story she ever wrote where noone died she got suspended, but all the other violent fantasy stories went untouched. Heh.
Wow. That's pretty brutal. Happened to a friend of mine too, except, in his story, one person died from falling off a bridge, and he was suspended and the cops came and everything.

Anyway, it's true, schools are way too paranoid now. Everybody's always fearful of everybody else. And Roo's got it down in his second post. A lot of older teachers where I am are like that. The schoolboard itself is like that. I'm involved with a lot of school board stuff, where I represent the students of my school, and I can tell you, they don't know a damned thing. Sad really...

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Thu May 03, 2007 7:31 pm

I think some of you got a little bit of the wrong idea from me. I was highly amused that they thought I was weird. And yeah they asked me if I had been diagnosed with ADHD or Depression or anything like that. I'm not, I haven't been, and I don't take any medications (which seemed to surprise them)
I do on occasion act out and do some pretty weird things, but in every case I am in 100% control of it and do it because I want to, not because I have some disorder. I walk down the hall signing "hail knight of the woeful countenance" and people think I'm whacked in the head.

Hail, Knight of the Woeful Countenance,
Knight of the Woeful Countenance!
Wherever you go
People will know
Of the glorious deeds
Of the Knight of the Woeful Countenance!

Farewell and good cheer
Oh my brave cavalier
Ride onward to glorious strife.
I swear when you're gone
I'll remember you well
For all of the rest of my life.

I have only about 3 friends in my school, none of which I see in any of the same classes, but they get me and my weirdness makes them laugh. People who can't just laugh, smile, and go along with it are one of two types of folks.
1.Stuck up and so egocentric and narcissistic that they think I must be insane to behave like that.
2.So caught up in the drug and sex that goes on in schools now that they don't care or get off on ruining the fun.

And yeah, drugs and sex IS the problem in schools. I have in fact seen and known these kinds of people. In fact a friend of mine once caught the school's security guards in the bathroom smoking weed. The people who are deviant to THIS problem are being made fun of and harassed so much that they eventually BECOME the types of deranged lunatics that to shootings.

Sorry I got on a bit of a rant there. But it's from my experience the truth. If you have a solution let it be known, but nothing'll come of it. :(
ImageImage

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu May 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Sure that wasn't just a handwriting problem? Because if the entire school faculty had that poor a vocabulary, I want to know what town this was so I can avoid it.

As someone who talks to himself pretty often, I do consider the habit a piece of evidence that someone is troubled. But there have to be other factors to make it significant enough to report. Tum0, I don't know enough about your behavior outside the forum to tell what they call abnormal. Neither am I pressing you for more details, since it's not really my business. I'll hazard a guess that your eccentricities are of the sort that don't scare liberal students.

FurrySurvey

Postby FurrySurvey » Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 pm

Yeah, I've been there. Not much fun is it?

Return to “Anything”