Teen Ozy and Millie

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Segovia
Teen Ozy and Millie

Postby Segovia » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:41 pm

In addition to making strips with my "neutral" style of O&M I have been experimenting with my teen style which is kind of based on one of the banners on the archieve on the website. Tell me what you think. Keep in mind that these are all experimental.

Ozy's style was pretty easy. All I had to do was make him taller, skinnier and add pants. I had this theory that once you are a teen all animals are required to be fully clothed. To be honest the second image was detailed by my friend Karen who is way better of an artist than me. She thought that Ozy was wearing a shirt and that is why Ozy's fur is a little baggy near his waist.

Millie on the other hand is a little more harder. The main goal was to make her more feminine without being sexis. As you can see I'm still struggling. I decided to add a shirt underneath her overalls and earings on her ears. Ms. Mudd is there too because I had to make sure I could draw her so I could use her in this strip.

As always I'll include the text.

Ms. Mudd: Millie time to go the mall. Where are you kiddo. A-ha? Ozy?
Ozy: Sorry Ms.Mudd, but Millie forced me to distracrt you with this feather duster so she could sneak out the front door.
Ms. Mudd: Well, she's gotten craftier I'll tell you that.
Ozy: If it makes you feel better, she still thinks that Pluto's a planet.

In order for you to get this joke you need to know three things:
1 Felicia used to make fun of Millie by calling her feather duster butt.
2 Millie hates going to the mall.
3 Pluto is not a planet anymore.

Please comment and leave suggestions.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:12 pm

1. Your teen Ozy is more convincing than your teen Millie. He still looks frowny, tho.

2. Your comic was written pretty well, but it's usually not like Ozy to say a complete non sequitur like the one at the end.

3. At first I thought the fake tail was a paint brush. Given Millie's resentment of featherduster comparisons, maybe that's be more appropriate.

4. I can think of better places to want to avoid than the mall. But Millie's unpredictable that way. :smile:
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:07 pm

LOL
Good 'ol Millie and her personality. Got her figured out? Try again!
LOL

:ozy: :millie:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 am

To be honest, the "teen" ones really only make them look taller and anorexic. Head-to-body proportions are rather off. Funny comic though.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 pm

I liked the comic and actually made me laugh. They're teenagers already and yet, millie is still millie :-P

Oh yeah, It would be better if there sideview is abit "thicker". Since, At the moment. They look epically thin.

On Teen ozy, what tom flapwell said. he's more convincing than millie.

On Teen Millie, She still looks like a 10 year old. I know you're avoiding to be a "sexis" toward her. But you can try giving her a body somewhat identical to ms.mudd's body. Since in the archives page, teen millie looks abit like ms.mudd.

Try experimenting by giving her a less flat chest or something like that.. :)

Also, ARGH! You're making me want to draw Ozy and millie as teenages also :x *resists the urge @_@*

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Yeah, as I said I'm still struggling to make her more distinguish. I use the teen version to use some jokes in comics. Most however, I can use the original but the jokes that I have apply more to teenagers than little kids. Like yesterday I was having a debate with my parents about the issue of T.V ratings. I'm bloody 15 yet I can't watch Aqua Teen Hunger force which is rated TV14. What is up with that? That gave the inspiration to write a comic simular to that and I think I'm going to have to use Teen Millie and Ms. Mudd in that comic. When I write I'll share it with you.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:28 am

I like the older ozy and millie one where it's timulty drawing art for jeremy.

Chris

http://www.definecynical.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=22

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 am

Yeah, as I said I'm still struggling to make her more distinguish. I use the teen version to use some jokes in comics. Most however, I can use the original but the jokes that I have apply more to teenagers than little kids. Like yesterday I was having a debate with my parents about the issue of T.V ratings. I'm bloody 15 yet I can't watch Aqua Teen Hunger force which is rated TV14. What is up with that? That gave the inspiration to write a comic simular to that and I think I'm going to have to use Teen Millie and Ms. Mudd in that comic. When I write I'll share it with you.
WAT? I can watch Aqua Teen Hunger force when i was 12. Infact, I can watch the entire Adult Swim (i miss that block :( )without my mom bugging me xD

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Christ, I watched Family Guy when I was like 11!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:47 pm

I did too but my mom threaten to cut the cable if I did.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:24 pm

I had no restrictions on what I watched. Evar.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:58 am

I watched "Beavis & Butt-Head" every week at age 11, often accompanied by my 9-year-old sister. That has to be more dangerous viewing than ATHF.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:12 pm

OK. Testing out my new sketch book I added some more details to Ozy. 1 I tried to detail his pants by making them look baggy-er. 2 I added some "Zen" earings. Those could be temporary, based on your responses. Sorry Ozy has to have the same expression, I just use that so I don't have to waste time thinking on how Ozy is going to look.

Kirby

Postby Kirby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:49 pm

that much better then the first one :smile:
Kxudb a cabo ke fcuo(Thanks I like to play)

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Now thats better. Also, Can you scan it on a lower brightness and contrast setting? I can barely see it :?

Return to “Arts”