Defining 'artwork'

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

_SeHT
Defining 'artwork'

Postby _SeHT » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:56 pm

I have a question.

On this board, does 'artwork' cover non-graphic works? I cannot draw to save my life, but I write --- for very low values of writing :-/

... may I share? :-/ And other non-artists, too?

If it is for pictures only, then I understand.
Just a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction, taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

(And there are a lot of wrong directions on that lonely way back home.)

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:56 pm

yes. :-)
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:07 am

Succinct and yet enigmatical. How delightful. :)
Last edited by _SeHT on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction, taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:29 am

Yes. Artwork includes all kinds of art, subject to appropriateness on a publicly accessible discussion board. If it is your artistic work, regardless of the form, this is the correct forum for it.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Go for it. I've put a few Ozy and Millie inspired poems before.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:43 pm

Succinct and yet enigmatical. How delightful. :)
Where'd it go? didn't you post some poetic story here? I was going to read it. I skimmed it earlier and it looked good but I didn't read it all the way though.
ImageImage

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:08 pm

Where'd it go? didn't you post some poetic story here? I was going to read it. I skimmed it earlier and it looked good but I didn't read it all the way though.
I deleted it...

I don't write 'furry' stuff - scratch that; I'm writing what could be argued is a 'furry' novel, but it really, really isn't - and I don't write O&M-related stuff.

I just write. (When I do write, which is increasingly infrequently of late.) So it probably shouldn't be here, anyway.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:11 pm

I deleted it...

I don't write 'furry' stuff - scratch that; I'm writing what could be argued is a 'furry' novel, but it really, really isn't - and I don't write O&M-related stuff.

I just write. (When I do write, which is increasingly infrequently of late.) So it probably shouldn't be here, anyway.
it doesn't HAVE to be O&M or Furry. I've posted poems here before that had nothing even remotely close to O&M. I really wanted to read that.
ImageImage

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:18 pm

it doesn't HAVE to be O&M or Furry. I've posted poems here before that had nothing even remotely close to O&M. I really wanted to read that.
I'm also very shy and have negative-infinity self-confidence.

But... here you are, then.

• THE ALWAYS SUMMER
    • “I will always love you,â€

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:25 pm

Oh goodness.
Thank you for re-posting that. It's indisputably one of the saddest, most romantic, and prettiest things I've read in a LONG time. please don't doubt yourself, it is VERY good. So much feeling in it. And the descriptions so vivid and the concept vague at the same time... Honestly _SeHT I enjoyed reading that. Really inspiring.
ImageImage

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Oh goodness.
Thank you for re-posting that. It's indisputably one of the saddest, most romantic, and prettiest things I've read in a LONG time. please don't doubt yourself, it is VERY good. So much feeling in it. And the descriptions so vivid and the concept vague at the same time... Honestly _SeHT I enjoyed reading that. Really inspiring.
Thank you, Tum0spoo... you are very kind to this old dragon. :)

Do you think the concept is vague? Perhaps if and when some others have read it, we will hear what they think. And before the question is asked, yes, there is a reason for it being there twice. :)

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 pm

Do you think the concept is vague?
Well, the part about the figure that each of them is headed towards...
I could see off a ways a figure standing, waiting,
waiting for me
...is undefined, I don't know exactly who these figures are, but it's left to the imagination what they mean. that's what I ment.
And before the question is asked, yes, there is a reason for it being there twice. :)
One is in poetic free-verse and the other in a story form?
ImageImage

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:41 pm

waiting for me
...is undefined, I don't know exactly who these figures are, but it's left to the imagination what they mean. that's what I ment.
Ah, I understand... What do you think it means? :)
*chuckle* Close. A friend commented that it would be interesting to see it written out as a prose poem, rather than in free-form verse. So I did... and the two stay together. An experiment in form, really.

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:49 pm

waiting for me
...is undefined, I don't know exactly who these figures are, but it's left to the imagination what they mean. that's what I meant.
I'm not sure. I think one's interpretation depends on their personal experience. Like... for me, I get the feeling that these figures are pulling the two away from eachother. It could be family, or represent the troubles of life (like jobs and economics), or even death.
Perhaps someone else sees it as them finding other loves in their lives and needing to leave eachother?
Still another explanation is that it's sort of like in Grease when after the summer Sandy and Danny leave eachother.
Lotta potabilities.
*chuckle* Close. A friend commented that it would be interesting to see it written out as a prose poem, rather than in free-form verse. So I did... and the two stay together. An experiment in form, really.
Prose Poem! that's what it's called. I could not for the life of me remember what that was called. :3
ImageImage

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 pm

I'm not sure. I think one's interpretation depends on their personal experience. Like... for me, I get the feeling that these figures are pulling the two away from eachother. It could be family, or represent the troubles of life (like jobs and economics), or even death.
Perhaps someone else sees it as them finding other loves in their lives and needing to leave eachother?
Still another explanation is that it's sort of like in Grease when after the summer Sandy and Danny leave eachother.
Lotta potabilities.
The girl is a young lady I was in love with for a long time and courting, and was once seriously considering asking to be my wife.

The figure behind me, that she looks at, is the husband she took. The figure behind her, that I look at, is my own dearly belovèd Mate.

The whole thing is about parting, and loving, and travelling under the same sun and yet beneath an entirely different one. They can never walk the same paths that my Mate and I travel, and vice versa: even if we walk down the same street, all four of us together or in separate pairs, it is still a different street to both couples... hence the comment about 'pale simulacra only'.

It's also a comment on loving people. I've loved, and lost, quite a few... When you're in love, the word 'always' is so common... but when circumstances change and you go your separate ways and drift apart... do those easily-spoken 'always' actually mean anything?

... *sighs and shrugs* She was the second girl in my life who married someone else after I'd been courting her... It was just a thing, written.

Return to “Arts”