Gravity is just a theory March 3rd

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Bocaj Claw
Gravity is just a theory March 3rd

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:41 am

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/d/20070305.html

I can just hear Millie saying:

"Huh. So those intelligent-falling supporters on the internet were right."
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 am

Ozy's pawpads are visible.
That makes me happy.
Burning Sheep Productions

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:28 am

Ooh, filler Image
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:54 am

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:31 am

astronomers can observe that all stars in the universe are moving away from one another
I think the reason for that is that they are still being effected by the big bang, and gravity is slowing this rate. One theory is that eventually the universe will implode again when gravity finally reverses the direction, and all the universe moves back toward the point where it happened. Of course Another theory says the universe is expanding. Maybe the "edge" of the universe has such a curvature that everything therein is attracted to it?

On a much more related and more important note: Ozy feerpaws = sooooo cute!

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Ozy's pawpads are visible.
That makes me happy.
GASP. PEDO. :(

:ninja:

Llewthepoet

Postby Llewthepoet » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Sweet Filler Art!

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm

So...Damn...CUTE... !!! :wag:

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 pm

Who needs that stinking gravity anyway? :wag:

Awesome / 10.
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Reminds me of a recent xkcd. *dig*

This one.

Also, screw gravity. All we need are ceilings, and we won't float off into space and that.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Luke B.

Postby Luke B. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:22 pm

Ozy and Millie...
in...
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

*edit*

Found it: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

"Founded in 1987, the ECFR is the world's leading institution of evangelical physics, a branch of physics based on literal interpretation of the Bible.

According to the ECFR paper published simultaneously this week in the International Journal Of Science and the adolescent magazine God's Word For Teens!, there are many phenomena that cannot be explained by secular gravity alone, including such mysteries as how angels fly, how Jesus ascended into Heaven, and how Satan fell when cast out of Paradise.

The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian Coalition and other Christian conservative action groups, is calling for public-school curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent Falling theory. They insist they are not asking that the theory of gravity be banned from schools, but only that students be offered both sides of the issue "so they can make an informed decision."

"We just want the best possible education for Kansas' kids," Burdett said.

Proponents of Intelligent Falling assert that the different theories used by secular physicists to explain gravity are not internally consistent. Even critics of Intelligent Falling admit that Einstein's ideas about gravity are mathematically irreconcilable with quantum mechanics. This fact, Intelligent Falling proponents say, proves that gravity is a theory in crisis."

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:51 pm

Yes...but, that "Onion" article came out several months after I put forward the theory of intelligent falling myself. :)

http://www.idrewthis.org/d/20050516.html

The online magazine "Gelf" did an article about this, complete with a response from the Onion:

http://www.gelfmagazine.com/gelflog/arc ... lowing.php

PAK

Postby PAK » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Found it: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

"Founded in 1987, the ECFR is the world's leading institution of evangelical physics, a branch of physics based on literal interpretation of the Bible.

According to the ECFR paper published simultaneously this week in the International Journal Of Science and the adolescent magazine God's Word For Teens!, there are many phenomena that cannot be explained by secular gravity alone, including such mysteries as how angels fly, how Jesus ascended into Heaven, and how Satan fell when cast out of Paradise.

The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian Coalition and other Christian conservative action groups, is calling for public-school curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent Falling theory. They insist they are not asking that the theory of gravity be banned from schools, but only that students be offered both sides of the issue "so they can make an informed decision."

"We just want the best possible education for Kansas' kids," Burdett said.

Proponents of Intelligent Falling assert that the different theories used by secular physicists to explain gravity are not internally consistent. Even critics of Intelligent Falling admit that Einstein's ideas about gravity are mathematically irreconcilable with quantum mechanics. This fact, Intelligent Falling proponents say, proves that gravity is a theory in crisis."
i hope against hope that nobody on these boards believes that utter rubbish.

great strip tho :D loved the full-colourness too :)
http://paklavins.deviantart.com/
^My deviantart, plz take a look and leave a comment

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, and you've squished an ant... it's time.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:43 pm

From Wikipedia:

2007-03-05 D. C. Simpson's Ozy and Millie points out that gravity is just a theory.

That was quick. Also, DCS, you seem to have started something - or at least named it.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:36 pm

I believe in intelligent falling. Rather, I'm intelligent so I believe that gravity makes us fall...ing.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Return to “O&M Strips”