Friday, January 18 2008: Visibility

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:13 pm

My avatar is the Queens of the Stone Age symbol from around when the album Songs for the Deaf came out.
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Yeah D:<

The Vanishing Hitchhiker

Postby The Vanishing Hitchhiker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Geez, is this the same thread? Oh well, roll with it.

I think it's more likely that the shaving is just to show off. "Look at me, I'm good at anatomy and know how to draw stuff like animals without fur and people without clothes! Suck it, non-artistic types!"

Oh, and whipped cream, Donald Duck's hat, the 1967 New York Yankees, and a gallon of Dr Pepper, of course.
could it be that she was the sister of the boy in Kansas who loved the girl with the tattered shawl who was the daughter of the maid who had escaped from the pirates?

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:41 pm

And people who sniff woman's shoes just really apreciate what it takes to make a fine shoe
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm

And people who sniff woman's shoes just really apreciate what it takes to make a fine shoe
Its true... :smile:

Glenn565

Postby Glenn565 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 am

My avatar is the Queens of the Stone Age symbol from around when the album Songs for the Deaf came out.
I've only really listened to their songs in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, But from what I've heard they are awesome. 3's and 7's is fun to play, too.

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Check out Songs for the Deaf if you want to see if you like them. That is their best album and features famous singer Mark Lanagen doing a few songs.
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:54 am

And it can't mean anything else. Case closed.

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:43 am

Well it quite obviously means other things. I only use it because Queens of the Stone Age rock hard tasty abs.
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

cheesecake

Postby cheesecake » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:44 am

They USED to be good. Theyre nothing without Oliveri. NOTHING!

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:33 am

I think they are still good, but not as good as during the three singers Rated R, Songs for the Deaf days.
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

Eo

Postby Eo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:31 am

I experience this kind of thing pretty much weekly at school!

If it's any consolation, this happened BEFORE the No Child Left Behind act. Mostly it's because of Columbine. People heard that the shooters had been bullied; the bullied and outcasts were expelled on that basis alone for a while in Colorado. A Zero-Tolerance policy on fighting was created, and was quickly dubbed the Zero-Intelligence policy. Students are taken to court for assault whenever they get into a fight (or get beaten up) in middle to high school.

At least in Denver Public Schools. And also Jefferson County.
I knew Dylan Kebold and Eric Harris, they weren't bullied. something just snapped in them one day.
I'm aware they weren't, actually; but the rumour spread that they had been, and rumours are often more powerful than truth. I might add that it wasn't a sudden snap; they'd done a lot of stuff, especially to one particular student, before.

Anyway, I predict this arc will end with something like, "beaurocratic idiocy triumphs again, something witty is said that makes it seem a little less of a loss".

Return to “O&M Strips”