29 October 2007: Charmed, I'm sure

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Amber

Postby Amber » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:35 am

I have met two black cats in my life, and both of them are the most friendly cats I've met.
These superstitions get on my nerves. One person on another forum I'm in had a black cat that got killed on Halloween last year. His tail was cut off and one of his ears. :sad:

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:19 am

I don't expect him to show up any more often than Emily.
Man, now you're making me want to see DCS do an O&M spinoff called "Stevie and Emily" :-P
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:36 am

Anyway, I welcome the presence of a young domestic cat who may not be obnoxious (as opposed to Felicia's friend), but I don't expect him to show up any more often than Emily.
Yeah, he's good as a plot device, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up after today. It wouldn't be bad if he did of course.

klimt

Postby klimt » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:51 am

Anyway, I welcome the presence of a young domestic cat who may not be obnoxious (as opposed to Felicia's friend), but I don't expect him to show up any more often than Emily.
Yeah, he's good as a plot device, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up after today. It wouldn't be bad if he did of course.

of course, he'd probably fit right in, i imagine it would be odd going through life with a good portion of people changing directions every time you walk past.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:08 pm

I have met two black cats in my life, and both of them are the most friendly cats I've met.
And in my experience, black cats keep having squeakier voices than most other cats. I knew a full-grown one whose voice was in the last octave on a piano.
One person on another forum I'm in had a black cat that got killed on Halloween last year.
I made a point to remind my landlord not to let his black kitten outside too close to Halloween.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:20 pm

And in my experience, black cats keep having squeakier voices than most other cats. I knew a full-grown one whose voice was in the last octave on a piano.
Ditto. Our black cat was nicknamed "Squeaker" in fact.

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:13 pm

About black cats, I once read long ago, so I might not be remembering correctly... while it's bad luck for a black cat to cross your path, it's GOOD luck to OWN a black cat. :D
Made by Angela. :D

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:32 pm

My family used to own a black cat when I was a kid. Ok, she wasn't all black. She had a little white spot right below her neck, but she was mostly black. I had her for as long as I could remember, and she had to be put down due to old age in my freshman year of high school. I have some fond memories of my childhood with that cat.
It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude. I found it in the glare of midafternoon, in the clangour of a metropolis...

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:58 pm

My family had an all-black cat for a while. I miss her with the same intensity that I miss the target in archery practice. Aka, to the max.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:13 pm

These superstitions get on my nerves. One person on another forum I'm in had a black cat that got killed on Halloween last year. His tail was cut off and one of his ears. :sad:

Thats just one of many reasons why people shouldn't let their cats out to wander on their own

Return to “O&M Strips”