New site design

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Svix
New site design

Postby Svix » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:34 am

Thoughts?

I particularly like the sidebar with the additional image, it works better now that the strip is less er... strip like.

There's a classic something about the old design, but it's nice to keep things fresh.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:01 am

Much improved.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:33 am

October 22, 2007: Still experimental

If you have any thoughts about the site design, this would be a good time to share them.
Here's a few suggestions:
1: Move the strip's date under the strip itself.
2: Move the Dragon logo at the top right corner where the current "strip date" sits.
3: Restore a few old pages we've been requesting for ages now. :ninja:

Other than that, I like it. :ninja:

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:58 am

The site layout is REALLY cool, but I have a few thoughts which might improve the overall layout:

- Have red navigation buttons on both the top and bottom of the strip.

- Move the strip date and title underneath the "Ozy&Millie" logo.

-Maybe moving the Keenspot newsbox box? (not sure where) It would look nice if all the text on the right was together.

-Maybe this is just personal preference on my part, but I think the navagation text on the right would look better on the left hand side of the page.

That's my 2 cents! Overall, yay for new layout!!! :P
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:47 am

Looks nice

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 am

Looks nice
Hey, a new person!

Welcome to the forum! Stop by at the Airport and introduce yourself, why dontcha? :)
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

dfeuer

Color

Postby dfeuer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:59 am

I'm finding it hard to see the forest for the huge blue tree in my face. That blue seems like more of an accent color to me than a background. I also really liked having the strip centered. Finally, I second (third? fourth?) the request to make old links into the archives work again. And to bring back the search function. And maybe to make available a big bad list of all the strips regardless of year. When I'm looking for a strip, I don't generally remember the year; I remember what it was about, and maybe something in the title.

Pete

Re: Color

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:16 am

I'm finding it hard to see the forest for the huge blue tree in my face.
Couldn't have put it any better myself, so I'm not going to try. Sorry, DC, but that's just ugly.

Pete

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:03 am

I stand by my comments in the previous topic about this new design (when it was preliminary).
I like:
-The background colour. White is just too plain.
-The navigation on the side.
-The title. A tagline, while not nessesary, is no big problem for me, and I like the look of the text here and on the navigation links.

I dislike:
-The strip date and title being up in the corner there.
-The fact that there's no archive navigation buttons at the bottom of the strip. Having them at the top is fine too, but I think there should be another set at the bottom.
-The white text doesn't quite look right on the background color, especially the smaller text. I'm being extremely nitpicky here, but I'm thinking a slightly lighter- or darker-coloured box surrounding the text area might be an improvement.
Though the white text actually looks fine on this monitor, I was using a terrible one when I posted that.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:31 am

I still think the red logo would look good. I'm also having the same problem as before with the thin white horizontal bars at the top and bottom of the comic, but I can probably live with that.

Other than that, it's wonderful.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:58 am

The improved-improved version is ohsomuch better than the improved version. At least now the two shades of blue aren't so close. I still think it's a bit too blue, though (and that's saying a lot, as blue is my favorite color). Still, I like it better than the beta, and better than the old site. It's not perfect, but what is?

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:07 pm

1: Move the strip's date under the strip itself.
Yes
2: Move the Dragon logo at the top right corner where the current "strip date" sits.
No... already too crowded up there.
Huh... looks like the Half-Life 2 logo.

Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Hmm, I agree that the menu should probably be over to the left of the strip. And the blue seems to be WAY too bright for me. Just my two cents.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:33 pm

I like it.

Morgan Persimmon

Postby Morgan Persimmon » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:29 pm

Holy day-glo, Batman!
I could live with this, but I find it to be an obscenely bright blue... Does no-one miss the non-distracting, simple layout from before? :|

Return to “Ozy and Millie”