I Rescued My Old Laptop From The Garbage

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Arloest
Moderator (retired)
I Rescued My Old Laptop From The Garbage

Postby Arloest » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 am

So here's the thing.

I haven't been able to log onto the forums here for a number of years, because I've completely forgotten the password for my account. And the other problem is that the original e-mail address I had tied to this account has long, long expired, so being able to retrieve a lost password or change a forgotten password wasn't an option, either. However, I was just sorting through a box of old shit that I was going to throw out, and lo and behold, I find my old laptop. Curious, I logged onto it and, sure enough, Firefox's cookies still had my old password stored in here. What do you know! I still don't know what this password is, for the record.

I'm quite aware that this forum is dead as pants and honestly I'm not sure how active the IRC is anymore either, but it's been over 2 years I think and I just want to let you know that I'm alive.

Also were any of ya'll at Bronycon 2013 cause I was totes there.
Last edited by Arloest on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Re: I Rescued My Old Laptop From The Garbage

Postby Arloest » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 am

Also, I live in New Orleans now. Also, I take back anything bad I ever said about living in Houston. Oy.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Is this why you never replied to me, paranormal arfgela? T___T

ANYWAY it's good to see you around >:3 IRC's still kickin rad (I daresay the biggest since), some old faces and lots of new faces, still not the same without chu - you should come. I think Tarukai might've gone to Bronycon but dunno who else.

Also come to MFF, it's the de facto DC convention nowadays. And not in a TROPICAL CLIMATE (though I was trapped in the city for four days because of snow on an unrelated trip so maybe we should've tried somewhere tropical). Or to a possible DC minicon in Indiana or something that might happen rabble rabble.

also my FC roomie was from Louisiana (I thiiink nawlins but I don't remember) do you know them??? you should come to their house

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

What kind of person leaves for 2 years and comes back expecting a warm welcome? >:@@@@

Orite I did that. :3c

GGGGGG! It is delightful to hear from you! I don't really have as much to say as Tai since I am not a convention-goer or anything; but I will second that the IRC is more active than I can ever remember, except maybe way way back in the mid-00s while the comic was still going. Here's hoping you drop by so I can GGGGG in real time, because you're the best sister I never had. :wag:
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:45 pm

What kind of person leaves for 2 years and comes back expecting a warm welcome? >:@@@@
this is a good point the IRC hasn't changed and requires no password what the PANTS :@@

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:21 am

aaaaAAAAA ARLO
I WAS AT BRONYCON 2013 D:

are you going to try and go this year? because I'ma be there this year too.

also welcome back :333
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Angelaaaa! Good to see you around! I'd be interested to hear more from you about things and stuff. Like pony convention that sounds really fun. I'm definitely going to go to a pony convention when I get the chance.

To change your password the email retrieval thing probably doesn't work anymore anyway. PM me what you'd like your new one to be! OR come in irc (preferred :3)!

Æron

Postby Æron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:39 am

Angela! Hiiii! Awesome to hear from you again! I will admit I did worry a bit at your sudden and sustained disappearance. But I mostly assumed you were too busy with adventures and the like... Did anything ever happen with Antartica???

I'm in Southern California now, working in the Mojave Desert. There are a lot of rocks here. :P And gravel and sand... But mostly sand.

One of my crewmates is from Texas and now lives in New Orleans too; he seems to be really fond of it. But you seem to feel differently?

...you were going to throw us in the TRASH?????
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 am

ANGELA.

HI

It's good to see you alive and kicking! We are also alive and kicking, but moreso in IRC. I don't get on as much as I should, but it's always great to get on it still and talk to everyone. :3 We are all still great friends <3

You have definitely been missed and we still talk about you occasionally and discuss the good 'ol times~

klimt

Postby klimt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:36 am

Well hi! Thanks for letting us know you are alive and well.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Good to hear from you, Angela!

Yes, IRC is where the action is at these days. Hope to see you there sometime soon! :wag:

And yes, fellow DCers, I no longer have my Locke/Mudd avatar. Didn't seem relevant anymore. Discuss.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Good to hear from you, Angela!

Yes, IRC is where the action is at these days. Hope to see you there sometime soon! :wag:

And yes, fellow DCers, I no longer have my Locke/Mudd avatar. Didn't seem relevant anymore. Discuss.
My drawing of you and Locke is still on DA.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 pm

My drawing of you and Locke is still on DA.
Good to know! I do have the drawing on my PC and might still have the original email, too! :locke:

My current avatar is of psycho hit kitty Mordecai Heller from Lackadaisy. I discovered the comic recently and ole Morty quickly became a favorite! :grin:
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Return to “Anything”