Something isn't right....

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Arloest
Moderator (retired)
Re: Something isn't right....

Postby Arloest » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 am

It seems both sides keep perpetuating the old human fault of accentuating the worst parts of the other side and turning them into some creature beyond approach.
Absolutely. We saw it with all of the "BUSH = HITLER" nonsense liberals put out with Bush. And now we're seeing it again with, well, all of the "OBAMA = HITLER" nonsense.

EDIT: and there are also people like Ted Rall who are just "EVERY PRESIDENT = HITLER".
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 am

If they're so stupid, how come you're so afraid of them that you have to demonize them? :wink:
I love this argument where because I call them stupid it means I am afraid of them and not that I think they are stupid. There are hundreds of photos of different signs people have made for these events riddled with factual and spelling errors. Fritz has nearly 200 of these photos uploaded at http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... =567501607

Remember middle school where you'd have to make a poster about something for a class? Maybe all about nitrogen and how awesome an element it is? Poster summarizing a book you read for English? Remember being 12-13 years old and putting in some effort to get an A? An astounding number of these signs are so poorly done that they'd be getting a zero handing them in.
Out with it. The truth is that people who aren't the type who go out and protest are the ones who make uo the Tea Party movement, and they've become much too big to ignore.
The people that parade around in public are of course going to be the one's people think of. If a sizable chunk of your movement should be ignored then they aren't really a part of that movement.

The vast majority of the people there have always voted republican and always will. When it comes down to it America's voting system means that if there was a third tea party candidate all it would accomplish would be siphoning votes from whoever the republicans run.
That's why the blatantly Image false Image rumors Image have been spread of how they shouted racial Image and homophobic Image epithets at certain congresspeople, that they are called racist and stupid and ugly and every name there is.
http://gawker.com/5498167/tea-party-pro ... and-faggot

It's not a [s]t[/s]rumor! There are plenty of racists involved in the tea party. That these people are not shunned by the others shows ambivalence to it. Plenty of them are ugly too, but that doesn't matter their political views founded on buzzwords are what matter.
It's because the Obama administration and lackeys of the left like some people on this forum are scared shitless of them.
Nobody is afraid of these people. They are seen as inept and plenty of these gatherings have had people show up with their own signs to parody their beliefs. They're not afraid of them voting because they're the same people who have been voting republican. They aren't new votes. These are the same people who lost in 2008 and who will more than likely lose in 2012.
It's the average Americans-
What is an average American?
-who are rebelling against Obama and his extreme spending and his acting more like a dictator than the President of the United States and the Democrats who have gone along with him and are certainly going to be trounced in future elections.
Only a small small fraction of these people cared at all when Bush turned a surplus into the largest deficit. These people are libertarians and they are crazy and often uninformed in their own way.
Election Day cannot come soon enough. Then the real idiots and piugs and racists will be outed. None of them will be members of the Tea Party movement. :-P
What real racists? Who are the racists in congress right now? The democrats?
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 am

Protip: Left wing sucks. Right wing sucks. Politicians suck.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:38 pm

http://talkradionews.com/2009/08/doj-vo ... questions/

And what does anyone here have to say about this?

Obama doesn't have nearly enough power to shut down Fox News. He did however try to exclude them from White House press coferences.

I still stand by everything I have said. And I'm not the one who turned this into a pissing contest. It already was before I posted a thing. I guess some people here weren't expecting to be pissed back upon.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

BTW, re the deficits: Reagan had to deal with an uncooperative Congress controlled by Democrats, who failed to control social spending like he wanted. As for the so-called "Clinton surplus", it was really caused by the end of the Cold War (yes, Reagan deserves the credit for that, despite what historical revisionists say) and the 1990's tech bubble. We could just as legitimately credit Newt Gingrich, who spearheaded a lot of overdue entitlement reforms, with the surplus.

In fact, the same liberals who defend Obama's huge spending spree were the ones who denounced Reagan for his deficits. I rest my case.

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm

http://talkradionews.com/2009/08/doj-vo ... questions/

And what does anyone here have to say about this?
That is indeed something that is bad but it has nothing to do with the tea party movement. Voter intimidation is a pretty serious thing but I don't see what you're bringing it up for here.
Obama doesn't have nearly enough power to shut down Fox News. He did however try to exclude them from White House press coferences.
Of course he doesn't have enough power to shut down Fox News. Nobody should. They've been generally excluded from White House events because they are the shoddiest news source around. In many cases of Republican scandals they've been presented as Democrats. Their programming consists of extremely right biased stories that claim to be fair and balanced. Any news source is going to have some slant, but Fox News is the worst offender. Attempts to keep them out of things isn't done to be a totalitarian regime but an attempt to discredit them.
I still stand by everything I have said. And I'm not the one who turned this into a pissing contest. It already was before I posted a thing. I guess some people here weren't expecting to be pissed back upon.
I welcome the discussion!
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:39 pm

For the record, excluding a news source that is perceived as antagonistic isn't new. Bush did it and presidents before him did it. Its almost a tradition.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 pm

For the record, excluding a news source that is perceived as antagonistic isn't new. Bush did it and presidents before him did it. Its almost a tradition.
I've never heard of that before. Especially since practically the whole news media has been anti-Bush since he took office.

As for the voter intimidation story, I brought it up for two reasons: 1) Most of the news media ignored it, and 2) According to the article, Obama chose to quash the Justice Department investigation of the incident. You can be sure that if a Republican President had done the same, the news media would have reacted far differently.

Yes, the major news media is liberal biased, and has been for a long time. That's why Fox News has become so popular-they typically report things the other major news outlets ignore.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Ironically, MSNBC became popular for similar reasons.

My deviantART account

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_C ... troversies

It's about time moves were taken to straighten out the right-wing propaganda machine that is Fox News.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 am

Okay that may be the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. I don't care if it's real or not, it's hilarious. Seriously, I can't stop laughing over here.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 pm

I'm not afraid of them in the sense of personal safety, rather I'm afraid of the hate, prejudice, and spread of ignorance that the movement has caused. When the rather conservative health reform bill passed congressman were targeted in violent ways, with bricks, a bullet, and an envelope with white powder and a death threat letter. To say that the movement doesn't endorse this kind of thing is simply talk. The movement's leading personalities may see this as a peaceful protest, but in practice the Tea Party is about as peaceful as a white Black Panther movement.

In regards to Tom's comment on Obama's dictatorship, that could not be further from the truth. A dictator needs to be a strong leader, Obama has unfortunately been a rather unagressive and ineffective president, to call him a dictator when he cannot even deal with a congressional minority is laughable. Considering Democrats have been the majority for a couple decades now and havn't the balls to filibuster themselves (think that they are above that), its amusing that you feel he has been abusing his power. HE DOESN'T EVEN USE WHAT POWER HE HAS. He has tried desperately for "bipartisianship", which is an empty term because of a vocal minority. He was an idealist and has suffered for it and has failed the people who voted for him. He could have pulled a Teddy Rooselvelt and simply said, "Tough shit, the majority has spoken and I'm the President." (not exact quote :wink: ).

Angela, you make several good points concerning his bowing to conservative pressure.

Also, I had no clue Fritz had a whole bunch of pictures, does Fritz live near an area

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm inclined to agree. Anyone who thinks Obama is a dictator really hasn't been paying much attention to what he's really done in the real world.

My deviantART account

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm not afraid of them in the sense of personal safety, rather I'm afraid of the hate, prejudice, and spread of ignorance that the movement has caused. When the rather conservative health reform bill passed congressman were targeted in violent ways, with bricks, a bullet, and an envelope with white powder and a death threat letter. To say that the movement doesn't endorse this kind of thing is simply talk. The movement's leading personalities may see this as a peaceful protest, but in practice the Tea Party is about as peaceful as a white Black Panther movement.

In regards to Tom's comment on Obama's dictatorship, that could not be further from the truth. A dictator needs to be a strong leader, Obama has unfortunately been a rather unagressive and ineffective president, to call him a dictator when he cannot even deal with a congressional minority is laughable. Considering Democrats have been the majority for a couple decades now and havn't the balls to filibuster themselves (think that they are above that), its amusing that you feel he has been abusing his power. HE DOESN'T EVEN USE WHAT POWER HE HAS. He has tried desperately for "bipartisianship", which is an empty term because of a vocal minority. He was an idealist and has suffered for it and has failed the people who voted for him. He could have pulled a Teddy Rooselvelt and simply said, "Tough shit, the majority has spoken and I'm the President." (not exact quote :wink: ).

Angela, you make several good points concerning his bowing to conservative pressure.

Also, I had no clue Fritz had a whole bunch of pictures, does Fritz live near an area
Have you got any proof of this? I managed to prove the voter not only the voter intimidation but Obama's aiding and abetting in it. Not using his power? Then why force through a bad health care bill simply to make himself look like he was actually doing something? If you seriously believe he genuinely tried for "bipartisanship", aluminum siding salesman must love you.

As far as hate and prejudice are concerned, I see far more of that among Obama's supporters than among his opponents. 'Nuff said.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 pm

aluminum siding salesman must love you.
Aluminum is better than vinyl (anything is really).

Return to “World Events”