Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Muninn
Moderator (retired)
Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Muninn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 am

In more important news Nasa is set to crash two unmanned spacecraft into the Moon in a bid to detect the presence of water-ice.

Mattes

Re: Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Mattes » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:49 am

Seriously for what does he deserve it..... i mean he is sympathic but he doesn´t do something such great until now

And for the Missle Launch: OMG THEY GONNA DESTROY THE MOOOOOON NOOOOOOOOO DAMN YOU NASA THE WEREWOLFS WILL BE PISSED :huh:
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:53 pm

On the Peace Prize; Seriously? Ok, I know some people considered the peace prize a joke before, but now, the world seems to. He was in office for no greater than 11 days to be nominated at the exact deadline for this prize.

On the moon: This is particularly interesting. I'm interested to know the results from this test.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Wow. I love Obama, but this just seems a tad excessive. He hasn't even done much of anything significant.

The moon thing is pretty cool. I'm curious as to how it turns out.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Wow. I love Obama, but this just seems a tad excessive. He hasn't even done much of anything significant.
It's really interesting; this has been the reaction from everyone I've talked to who's "Pro-Obama", and a similar view held by people against, as well. In fact, I don't think I've encountered a single person who's thought this was well timed and deserved as of 11 days in office.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:02 pm

I don't think he's done as much to deserve it yet, but I don't think the time spent in office should have anything to do with eligibility.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 pm

The Nobel Peace Prize is a recognition of achievement in contribution to peace. Obama has not achieved a great deal; his aims are noble and very ambitious but his work is far from done. It would have been advisable for the Nobel committee to have at least delayed presenting Obama with an award until he has had more opportunity to prove himself; at present it seems rather hollow, which is certainly not the spirit of the Nobel Prize. A better choice would have been Chinese dissident and HIV/AIDS activist Hu Jia.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:21 pm

It's really interesting; this has been the reaction from everyone I've talked to who's "Pro-Obama", and a similar view held by people against, as well. In fact, I don't think I've encountered a single person who's thought this was well timed and deserved as of 11 days in office.
Yep, I voted for him and I'm flabergasted. But I disagree that the time in office matters. Considering being elected isn't a qualification for being considered or awarded the prize. Unfortunately for him he seemed to be put into a delicate situation, it would be rude to not accept it, but it could be seen as a publicity stunt to not accept it. Obama seemed to be just as surprised. If anything this will make him think bigger. Problem is I'm not sure he is capable of doing anything that will have such a diplomatic impact. Perhaps finishing what the Bush adminstartion tried to do to "preserve its legacy" and go all out to solve the Israel/Palestian crisis that has been going on for so long. Perhaps back out the U.S support of Israel and try to work out a deal? But he already has his own country to pull out of its economic troubles before focusing on something like that. Which is why I highly doubt he can do much. All I can say was that it was a shock when it just popped on the news yesterday.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Even Fritz agrees that Obama doesn't deserve the prize based on what he's done up to this point, and Fritz loves Obama more than he loves me.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:32 am

Even Fritz agrees that Obama doesn't deserve the prize based on what he's done up to this point, and Fritz loves Obama more than he loves me.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Æron

Postby Æron » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:06 am

While I completely agree that Obama was not the most deserving of this prize, I see it as a good thing...

Now he has to live up to it.
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Wait I don't get it.

(I never get anything you guys are so cryptic augh.)

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:01 pm

It's a hand motion called "awkward turtle"

AKA that was a rather awkward statement. You monster. >_>
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I got that it was the awkward turtle, I just don't get why it's awkward. :o

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Nobody loves anything more than Javs.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Return to “World Events”