Manchester Woman Kills Cat With Crossbow

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Doc Sigma
Re: Manchester Woman Kills Cat With Crossbow

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:41 pm

A wild CAT appeared!
Go! MANCHESTER WOMAN!
CAT used GROWL!
But it failed!
MANCHESTER WOMAN used CROSSBOW!
It's super effective!
CAT fainted!
That was terrible.

And I chuckled inside.
I know... the only time Growl can fail with "But it failed!" is if the opponent has a Substitute in play, or if they're under the effect of Mist. I doubt that either of these is the case. I should have had the attack miss, or at the very least say "MANCHESTER WOMAN's Attack won't go any lower!"

So, yeah, sorry! :(

And I just now noticed your size-one comment. Cool! :D

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Please, give me an example of where it's justifiable to kill a pet because it's harming your property in some way. I would love to hear your logic.
Ok, if an animal is causing real damage to my property, I'm going to shoot it. I consider my immediate property my territory, and I'll defend it if need be. I don't even remotely agree with what this woman did, but I've had random dogs around here before, and if they had chosen to start wreaking havoc, I probably would've shot them. They didn't, so I didn't. Protection of property is legitimate, within reason. If a dog is digging up your garden, you shouldn't kill it, but if it repeatedly tears the shit out your lawn and topples your garbage and is constantly just a pain in your ass, then I don't disagree with your choice to destroy the trouble maker.
Like I said, my property is my territory, and I'll defend it like any other animal would. I'm just better armed.
This is what I wanted someone to say, thank you. As much as I hate the thought of shooting an animal for the sake of defending one's property and believe it shouldn't be acceptable, I at least can understand it.

The implication I was getting from Cactus Jack's posts was that the animal's presence on your property was immediate justification for killing it.

In light of
I don't believe you should be allowed to kill an animal on your property without a reason, I just don't see why it matters if it is a pet or not.

Please tell me why pet owners can let their pets run wild and do whatever on other people's property? How is that fair?
I can see I was mistaken. My apologies.

I think Aeron already said it rather well. Someone else paid money for and invested their time in taking care of a pet. The harm it's causing you had better be critical to justify killing a pet and harming the owner both monetarily and emotionally.

Animals aren't property they are companions.
If that is your stance, then now you're admitting that you're not just killing property, you're killing someone's companion.

At this point, you've just shot yourself in the foot. You wanted to know the difference between killing a pet and a wild animal? You said it yourself: the pet is someone's companion, the wild animal isn't. Hence, the owner is entitled to compensation for the damage incurred if you choose to take the immediate, violent solution to his cat tearing up your plants, rather than calling animal control.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I never said she was justified in shooting it, just that the cat being a pet should have no berring on any punishment she gets.

Pets are companions whose care giver should take responcibility for. If a child or retarded person went into people's yards every night eating out of garbage or pooping in sandboxes the care giver would get in trouble.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Yeah but you wouldn't shoot them because that's a bit much.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Well of course it would be wrong to shoot a child.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 pm

*groan*

And how is it RIGHT to shoot a cat instead of taking it to your neighbors house and asking them to keep it out of your yard?
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 am

in some places, they have homeless cats on hunting season.
I'm not a spambot :S
BUTT DOGS

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Skipping straight to shooting? Aren't you even going to beat it with a crowbar first?
You obviously haven't played it in Deathmatch.

Anyways, this is awful. I hope someone puts a bolt through HER skull. And, that's one hell of a strong cat to be able to limp even halfway home, after getting shot with something like that.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Well of course it would be wrong to shoot a child.
Do you even see what you're doing? You're setting arbitrary moral standards (okay to shoot trespassing cats, not okay to shoot trespassing children), then not providing any argument as to why your standard makes sense. It's a hilariously inadequate way to debate anything.

Although, on second thought, it makes for a great opinion. Which is what I would assume you were stating if you weren't so utterly convinced that your opinion is fact.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:58 pm

I said its wrong to shoot any animal regardless of if its a pet or not and the lady should be punished for poaching. I just also think its wrong to let your pet run freely through the neighborhood to annoy people.

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:41 pm

It's the same thing as: I think it's wrong to hit people. but I don't think it's right to say "it's not okay to hit girls". That doesn't mean I think girls are okay to be hit. I just mean that, if you're going to hit ANYBODY at all, no need to be sexist there.

Cactus here doesn't think it's right to just shoot animals with crossbows. but he thinks that the distinction between a pet, and a feral stray, shouldn't make so much a difference. What if the cat were a stray? this wouldn't have made news, that's for sure.
I'm not a spambot :S
BUTT DOGS

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:57 pm

This argument is getting just plain silly.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 pm

I'd sooner shoot a child than a cat, for the record.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:28 am

Well that makes you a horrible person.

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:29 am

9 out of 10 moralists disagree as well as 120 percent of our local statisticians*.

*Our lawyers have us remind you that 3/2 of all statistics are made up or otherwise useless and that any information in the previous post, regardless of how presented, is not to be taken as fact.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 am

I think arlo is a wonderful person. I know what I'm talking about, too. We're doing fractions in my math class =O
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Return to “World Events”