Weird News

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Fox steals more than 100 shoes
A fox has been unmasked as the mystery thief of more than 100 shoes in the small western German town of Foehren, authorities said Friday.

A forest worker stumbled upon shoes strewn near the fox's den and found a trove of footwear down the hole which had recently been stolen overnight from outside locals' front doors.

"There was everything from ladies' shoes to trainers," said a local police spokesman. "We've found between 110 and 120 so far. It seems a vixen stole them for her cubs to play with."

Although many were missing laces, the shoes were in good condition and their owners were delighted to reclaim them, he said, adding that no reprisals were planned against the culprit.
XD That is so awesome.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:17 pm

That's as many as ten tens.
And that's terrible.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:44 pm

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PRICE IS FOR STEALING???
*brandishes scimitar*
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Mother decapitated newborn and ate his brain, Texas police say

A Texas woman decapitated her newborn babby and ate pieces of his body before turning a knife on herself, police said on Monday.

Otty Sanchez, 33, has been charged with murdering her 3 1/2-week-old son, Scott Wesley Buchholtz-Sanchez.

She then used a knife and two swords to dismember the infant and ate parts of his body, including his brain, before stabbing herself in the torso and slicing her own throat, San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said.

"It's too heinous for me to describe it any further," he said.

She was recovering from her wounds in hospital, and was being held on $1 million bail.

Mr McManus said the attack, early on Sunday morning, occurred a week after the child's father moved out. The woman was living with her mother and sister, who were helping to care for the babby, born on June 30.

Miss Sanchez's aunt, Gloria Sanchez, told the Associated Press that her niece had been "in and out" of a psychiatric ward, and that the hospital called several months ago looking to check up on her. She did not elaborate on the nature of her niece's health problems.

Officers called to Miss Sanchez's house at about 5 am local time on Sunday found her sitting on the sofa "screaming that she killed her babby", according to Joe Rio, a police spokesman. They found the boy's body in a bedroom.

Police said Miss Sanchez said the devil told her to kill her son.

"She mentioned that someone or something told her to do it and she was hearing voices, so that leads us to believe she was experiencing some kind of mental crisis," he said.

Miss Sanchez does not yet have a lawyer, police said. The police declined to identify other family members.
The mind is a terrible thing to taste...

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:04 am

Satan won't talk to me. Lucky woman =[
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Foxchild

Re: Weird News

Postby Foxchild » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 80888.html

Japanese First Lady claims she has been to Venus and been abducted by aliens!
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:18 pm

I always suspected stuff like this happened in Japan. People always say, "No, Bocaj. That's just in their various medias." And I said "But how do you explain the annual Godzilla attack, hm?" And that's when they smile and back out of the room.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:07 am

That's a handsome prime minister.
Burning Sheep Productions

Gecko

Re:

Postby Gecko » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 am

The mind is a terrible thing to taste...
I see what you did there.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:32 am

She is like an energy refuelling base.
Ah, the Japanese are so romantic.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:46 am

She is like an energy refuelling base.
Ah, the Japanese are so romantic.
Nick, let me 'refuel' your 'energy station.'

Is that what you kids call it nowadays?
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:32 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090910/od_ ... ica_pigeon

Pigeon transfers data faster than South Africa's Telkom
Reuters

Thu Sep 10, 5:05 pm ET

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) – A South African information technology company on Wednesday proved it was faster for them to transmit data with a carrier pigeon than to send it using Telkom , the country's leading internet service provider.

Internet speed and connectivity in Africa's largest economy are poor because of a bandwidth shortage. It is also expensive.

Local news agency SAPA reported the 11-month-old pigeon, Winston, took one hour and eight minutes to fly the 80 km (50 miles) from Unlimited IT's offices near Pietermaritzburg to the coastal city of Durban with a data card was strapped to his leg.

Including downloading, the transfer took two hours, six minutes and 57 seconds -- the time it took for only four percent of the data to be transferred using a Telkom line.

SAPA said Unlimited IT performed the stunt after becoming frustrated with slow internet transmission times.

The company has 11 call-centers around the country and regularly sends data to its other branches.

Telkom could not immediately be reached for comment.

Internet speed is expected to improve once a new 17,000 km underwater fiber optic cable linking southern and East Africa to other networks becomes operational before South Africa hosts the soccer World Cup next year.

Local service providers are currently negotiating deals for more bandwidth.

(Reporting by Peroshni Govender; Editing by Jon Hemming)

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:19 am

I read that one last week through slashdot. I think it's a terrible article. It can't be called news, and can hardly even be said to be informative. Small bandwidth has nothing to do with network latency, everything they said was subjective, and not once did they give a real figure on data capacity. You could just as easily replace the place names with those of American cities, and the "proof" would be no more or less relevant. It doesn't matter which internet service in the world you use, if you stick 32GB to a pigeon's leg and send it only 80km it is going to get there faster. I think for their next project, they should prove fibre optics is garbage by putting a box of TB HDDs on the back of a tortoise.

Mattes

Postby Mattes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Er... weird indeed x_x not certain if I believe it or not, though am intruiged by the prospect of pictures. f'ing straaaaange.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Return to “World Events”