Weird News

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sun May 24, 2009 4:24 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090523/ap_ ... icide_help

Passer-by pushes suicide jumper in south China
BEIJING – Chen Fuchao, a man heavily in debt, had been contemplating suicide on a bridge in southern China for hours when a passer-by came up, shook his hand — and pushed him off the ledge.
Chen fell 26 feet (8 meters) onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion laid out by authorities and survived, suffering spine and elbow injuries, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.
The passer-by, 66-year-old Lai Jiansheng, had been fed up with what he called Chen's "selfish activity," Xinhua said. Traffic around the Haizhu bridge in the city of Guangzhou had been backed up for five hours and police had cordoned off the area.
"I pushed him off because jumpers like Chen are very selfish. Their action violates a lot of public interest," Lai was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "They do not really dare to kill themselves. Instead, they just want to raise the relevant government authorities' attention to their appeals."
Xinhua said Lai was "taken away by police" but did not elaborate.
A police officer who answered the telephone Saturday at a station close to the bridge confirmed the incident and said it was under investigation. He refused to give any other details and hung up.
According to Xinhua, Chen wanted to kill himself because he had accrued 2 million yuan ($290,000) in debt from a failed construction project.
On Thursday, he made his way to the Haizhu bridge, where 11 other people have tried to take their lives since April.
Lai volunteered to talk Chen down but was turned away by police, Xinhua said. Lai then broke through the cordon, climbed to where Chen sat, greeted him with a handshake, then pushed.
Photos in the Beijing Morning Post showed Lai, shoeless and in a T-shirt, saluting after Chen fell.
The paper said Lai was released on bail Friday but did not give any details. It said he had been on medication for "a mental illness" for decades and had been on his way to a hospital for his pills.
Chen was recovering in the hospital, Xinhua said.

Heh, owned.

I love this guy's reasoning for why he pushed the other guy off the bridge. I could think of a few struggling reality TV shows that could really use someone like him.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sun May 24, 2009 6:09 am

Man, I would have done the same thing. I hate fags that are all like "Hey look at me, I'm sad =[[[[[" but they won't actually do anything.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sun May 24, 2009 12:39 pm

What the hell? I can't believe there are people who would push someone off a bridge because it inconvenienced them. I don't know whether he knew the safety cushion was there, but regardless, to put your desire to get to work on time over the safety of your fellow man is repulsive.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sun May 24, 2009 3:56 pm

What the hell? I can't believe there are people who would push someone off a bridge because it inconvenienced them. I don't know whether he knew the safety cushion was there, but regardless, to put your desire to get to work on time over the safety of your fellow man is repulsive.

Repulsive, yes, but also (unfortunetaly) funny as hell.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 pm

I wouldn't push him over my desire to get to work on time. I just think it's incredibly selfish to make your personal problems a public spectacle, and make it a massive public inconvenience as well. Just go get counseling.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 pm

This makes me proud to be British!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7824072.stm

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed May 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Heheh, of course organic food. It's not like that shit is NECESSARY or anything.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Thu May 28, 2009 10:23 am

here is the video of the suicider
(not shocking at all but nice to see)

http://www.tooshocking.com/videos/6829/ ... icidal_Man

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu May 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Until he actually fell, that was... surprisingly non-dramatic. I guess I've been spoiled by television dramas.

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu May 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Until he actually fell, that was... surprisingly non-dramatic. I guess I've been spoiled by television dramas.
Even when he did fall it was, cause he didn't crush a sedan, set off several car alarms, and lie there dead in an awkward position with the camera zooming in on his face from above as "Executive Producer: Dick Wolf" flashed accross the screen.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 pm

I thought it was dramatic. Shake my hand bro
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu May 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Pushing people off bridges is going to be the next fist bump.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 am

The suicide guy could sue that dude...that'd be pretty funny.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:44 am

US Fisherman Catches Missile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8092463.stm

Dude, the guy sounded really stoned.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Fox steals more than 100 shoes
A fox has been unmasked as the mystery thief of more than 100 shoes in the small western German town of Foehren, authorities said Friday.

A forest worker stumbled upon shoes strewn near the fox's den and found a trove of footwear down the hole which had recently been stolen overnight from outside locals' front doors.

"There was everything from ladies' shoes to trainers," said a local police spokesman. "We've found between 110 and 120 so far. It seems a vixen stole them for her cubs to play with."

Although many were missing laces, the shoes were in good condition and their owners were delighted to reclaim them, he said, adding that no reprisals were planned against the culprit.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “World Events”