Star Trek

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Thu May 07, 2009 5:58 pm

It looks interesting, especially for star trek. I've never seen the series before though, so there would probably be too much I don't understand (unless someone has seen it and can prove me otherwise).
ImageImage

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu May 07, 2009 7:09 pm

It looks interesting, especially for star trek. I've never seen the series before though, so there would probably be too much I don't understand (unless someone has seen it and can prove me otherwise).
There's this up and coming, headstrong, new starship captain who usually pulls through in the end and cares deeply about his position. Early in the film he ends up destroying the vessel of a female captain and she follows him everywhere to point out his mistakes and possibly make him pay for the vessel he destroyed. But the sexual tensions never resolve. It's later revealed she's the sister of a Commander at a Star Fleet space station near a planet covered in water.

Along the way they pick up this Klingon lieutenant or something who has slits for eyes. He's a bit of a lech, has a thing for human girls, but again it's left unresolved and you get the feeling he was put in for comic relief.

The main character is haunted by feelings of inadequacy from his days in the academy where he and another captain who trained at the same time became rivals, trying to outdo each other. He would always be second best it seemed. This character is a bit of a douche but it's a good twist that the main rivalry in the movie doesn't ultimately come from some classic villain but someone on the same side.

The trio of main characters are pursued by an intergalactic criminal organisation called Team Rocket who at the end of the movie blast off at the speed of light.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu May 07, 2009 8:15 pm

There's this up and coming, headstrong, new starship captain who usually pulls through in the end and cares deeply about his position. Early in the film he ends up destroying the vessel of a female captain and she follows him everywhere to point out his mistakes and possibly make him pay for the vessel he destroyed. But the sexual tensions never resolve. It's later revealed she's the sister of a Commander at a Star Fleet space station near a planet covered in water.

Along the way they pick up this Klingon lieutenant or something who has slits for eyes. He's a bit of a lech, has a thing for human girls, but again it's left unresolved and you get the feeling he was put in for comic relief.

The main character is haunted by feelings of inadequacy from his days in the academy where he and another captain who trained at the same time became rivals, trying to outdo each other. He would always be second best it seemed. This character is a bit of a douche but it's a good twist that the main rivalry in the movie doesn't ultimately come from some classic villain but someone on the same side.

The trio of main characters are pursued by an intergalactic criminal organisation called Team Rocket who at the end of the movie blast off at the speed of light.
That was perfect.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu May 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I didn't pick up on that until the last line sadly.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Likewise.
ImageImage

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Likewise.
That is precisely why it was perfect.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Likewise.
That is precisely why it was perfect.
It actually took me a second after the last line. I knew the last line was a joke of course, but what gave it away for me was
"Along the way they pick up this Klingon lieutenant or something who has slits for eyes. He's a bit of a lech, has a thing for human girls, but again it's left unresolved and you get the feeling he was put in for comic relief. "
ImageImage

klimt

Postby klimt » Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 pm

Likewise.
i thought it all seemed a bit familiar through the last paragraph.

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu May 07, 2009 11:57 pm

I didn't get it until the last sentence. Actually, I'm surprised I even got it then.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri May 08, 2009 1:09 am

I didn't get it until the last sentence. Actually, I'm surprised I even got it then.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

It turns out that it was alright. My favorite part was anything with Simon Pegg as Scottie.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri May 08, 2009 11:08 pm

It turns out that it was alright. My favorite part was anything with Simon Pegg as Scottie.
I have to see this.

Mattes

Postby Mattes » Sat May 09, 2009 4:49 pm

I have to see this.
saw the movie and it was worth it ^^
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

klimt

Postby klimt » Sun May 10, 2009 3:35 am

this.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

From the trailers it looked pants...sort of reminded me of Star Wars rather than Star Trek.

Pants to this film.

Return to “Anything”