The Inauguration

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Cyaegha42
The Inauguration

Postby Cyaegha42 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Well, who's watching it, and who is physically there today? I really want some postings on this, for the simple reason that today is special(for a number of reasons), and it's not often we get to see History(large scale) being made, and it's even more of a rarity to see and be part of a pivotal moment in it.
Anyone who's there, post your feelings of the moment. For all of us who have to just watch through the media filter, any first hand experience would be welcome, and invaluable.
In other words, friends, I want to know what you think, what you hope, and what you have an idea of on this important day. From my perspective, I'm nervous, excited, and a tad apprehensive of what it to come. So reply, one and all! And no reply is too serious or silly for me. If you think it'll just start a flameout, send me a PM, just for manner's sake. I eagerly await your replies. :grin:
The past is set, the future has yet to arrive, so your time here in the present, it's a gift to be alive.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:06 pm

I just woke up 'cause it snowed in, but yeah I was going to try to go with a few friends; we had everything straight: a place a stay, transportation, and all, but our driver couldn't get off work
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Cyaegha42

All the pomp and circumstance...

Postby Cyaegha42 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, it's still a big deal, so watch however you can. I know I am, but that's probably blatantly obvious.
Besides, ah heck, I'm so excited right now I'm just about useless. And yes, I know I'm that way all the time. :wink:
The past is set, the future has yet to arrive, so your time here in the present, it's a gift to be alive.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:37 pm

My mom is forcing me to watch it.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:45 pm

FORCING?

aren't you old enough to understand the importance of such an event? I know you're not a skinhead or klansman or anything like that.

[edit:] alright, yeah this christian bullshit is pantsless annoying, I can understand why you have to be forced.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:54 pm

I got it going on MSNBC's live feed; yay, Keith Olbermann. :)

Anyone notice that when Rick Warren plead for Obama to govern with humility, the shot of Obama showed him raise his bowed chin? D'know if that was symbolic, but it amused me.

Hey, they're playing music by John @#$%ing Williams! Rock on!
Introducing new Dark Side RocketGirl™: Quicker, Easier, More Seductive!

ImageImage

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:59 pm

At this very moment Barack Obama became the 44th president

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Yes we can haz prezidint

ImageImage

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:22 pm

I just finished hearing Obama's speech. Really inspirational. I really did like the ceremony. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did enjoy the compostion Air and Simple Gifts.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:46 pm

I did enjoy the compostion Air and Simple Gifts.
Well, it was put together by no less than John frickin' Williams; it dun get much better'n 'at.

Just sayin'.

ImageImage

Trance

Postby Trance » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:48 pm

I had no idea Aretha Franklin was even still alive.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Last edited by Segovia on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:52 pm

I had school today, midterms :P . But only two classes a day and the teachers happened to be watching it in the LGI (not sure what that stands for but its essentially a small theater with a very large TV) room. I had stayed after to finish my exam (I suck at math) not knowing that the inarguration started so early. I couldn't go into the room, I was too polite to ask as I looked in and didn't see a single student. Turned out the teachers were all eating lunch while watching it... Not all of them though, I could tell that much, not sure if it was just Obama supporters but I know that a few teachers didn't watch it because they didn't vote for him so they didn't care (that was actually a reason given to me when I asked if she watched the inarguration). I was able to stand outside the room and watch it and the teacher's didn't seem to mind, I would have missed it otherwise. I think its important to watch the inarguration no matter what president is sworn in. I'm by no means a Bush fan but I watched his inarguration.

Cyaegha42

Well, it's done!

Postby Cyaegha42 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:03 pm

For some reason, my computer decided to go THBBBBBT and drop me offline.. oddly enough, it was for the duration of the inauguration, but I did get to watch it on the telly.. Yo-Yo Ma and john Williams, Aretha Franklin, and a speech under 20 minutes. Amazing! At least the wait is over now, and we can begin the real work: repairing what we broke over eight years.
But anyhow, we were all part of History today, all. Exciting for me, what about the rest of you? I've seen a few posts mentioning a little bit of emotion, and one that declared the religion bit as needless(hey, to each their own). What I want to hear is this: What did you FEEL? Emotion, analysis, all of it. It's important to say what you feel, to actually put it out there. Today was a pivot point in American and World history. Tell me what you felt, and how you think all of it's going to turn out. I don't care if it's silly, or non-sensical, or anything BUT vitriolic(read: flameout). If you feel that negatively about it, PM me. I just want thoughts and hopes and feelings to read, folks. And so what if I sound like a tree-hugging hippy? I am one!
Today excited me(duh), and inflamed my sense of patriotism. And I also realized this: This will be the nerdiest, geekiest Administration EVER. And thank Whomever for that. Talk to me, folks! :mrgreen:

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm

It doesn't feel any different yet, and I'm still broke.

Obama is the worst president EVAR. :evil:

:-P

ImageImage

Return to “World Events”