Blessed day - Monday, December 15, 2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:58 am

Derrick's fan art was strangely prophetic. And only one day in advance, too. Unless they've been in communication with one another in the past week or so...
I had no special communication regarding what I drew with D.C. in advance. I just was inspired by the overall story and the promise of a food fight. I suppose we were just thinking along similar lines.

As for the criticism of this strip, I DO think that Timulty's revised line about things being all messy seems more in character for him. Otherwise, the only real COMPLAINT I can muster is that I think this should have been two strips instead of one big strip to separate the meat of the food fight from Isolde's explaination of it to Timulty. But that's just a nit pick.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 am

As for the criticism of this strip, I DO think that Timulty's revised line about things being all messy seems more in character for him. Otherwise, the only real COMPLAINT I can muster is that I think this should have been two strips instead of one big strip to separate the meat of the food fight from Isolde's explaination of it to Timulty.
Or just make it less crowded and tiny. Good grief. Anyone over 30 should be getting flashbacks of the Great Comic Strip Shrinkage of the 1980s.

The ninja edit almost fixed it. All that's left is to add "Aww," to the beginning of Timulty's line, because now he doesn't sound quite distraught enough to justify the speech that suddenly follows.

Also I think this is the first time he's ever been referred to as "Timmy." Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Also I think this is the first time he's ever been referred to as "Timmy." Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you're right, but that's not necessarily bad. We never heard Isolde address Timulty before. It may not be the best policy to call someone by a name they don't usually go by, but given her past prejudice against mammals, this is an improvement.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:29 pm

A line I might have seen Tim using that would justify the rest of the strip is something along the lines of, "does this mean the wedding's over?" or something to that extent.

Then again I'm not the author so vOv
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:43 am

ImageThis was the strip on the day when it comes! Imageand this was the strip on the day when the next is come!

See you any diference?

And I pledge by the flag of the united states this two strips are 'original' copies!
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.
Wich want to be an american guy.
Pleas, Pleas, Pleas forgive me.

I want to know what u think about my comic i drawing in the past?
I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!
http://cptraccoon.cp.funpic.de/Shit%20H ... 00001.html
And please give me a feedback!

I love millie she is the sweetest girl of the world

Neil Armstrang said when he landed on the moon:
"that's one more slice of Lasagna"

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:59 am

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.

Postby CptRaccoon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:03 am

Oh sorry, I was so excited about it I haven't search enough!

I'm very sorry!

But, look it, whit your link it is a rember to look this old post at this point for the one this thread enver read!
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.
Wich want to be an american guy.
Pleas, Pleas, Pleas forgive me.

I want to know what u think about my comic i drawing in the past?
I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!
http://cptraccoon.cp.funpic.de/Shit%20H ... 00001.html
And please give me a feedback!

I love millie she is the sweetest girl of the world

Neil Armstrang said when he landed on the moon:
"that's one more slice of Lasagna"

klimt

Postby klimt » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:21 pm

would have been better if Locke DIDN'T know it was a blessing.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:38 am

Yeah. I don't... I don't even think Locke HAS been around dragons that much, just Llewellyn since he sort-of lives in his house.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Return to “O&M Strips”