Saturday Nov 15, Dragon Traditions

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:49 am

[quote="Ozyfox"][/quote]nice av

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:53 am

There's something wrong with you people.
Elaboration!

I don't see why these people automatically have to point out flaws in everything in each comic and automatically declare "OH NO THIS IS A TRAINWRECK I HATE OZY AND MILLIE NOW" or "I saw these words being used in a comic from last year! DCS has no originality!" or "ART SUCKS WHAT THE HECK".

I'm just interested in seeing how it turns out. I have no real personal attachment to Ozy Millie Mililani Llewellyn etc.

...But that's just me.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am

Eh, that's just cause it's recently become cool to hate O&M now that it's ending. It's doubly cool if you hang out in IRC. Remember, to be cool, you gotta h8 O&M.

h8
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:55 am

I hated OM before it was cool.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:17 am

I hated hating before it was ironically cool and then before it was lame.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

marklungo

Postby marklungo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Not only do I like the strip, I'm also wondering why people aren't more diplomatic with their criticism, considering it's possible that DCS will read it.
Signature? You mean I'm supposed to put some meaningless block of text here?

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Well, I also grew to dislike DCS from reading him talk online, and from what I got about his personality based on the comic, back when I grew to dislike OM. Not to say I hate him, I just don't really care about him.
We don't really care.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:51 pm

I don't see why these people automatically have to point out flaws in everything in each comic and automatically declare "OH NO THIS IS A TRAINWRECK I HATE OZY AND MILLIE NOW" or "I saw these words being used in a comic from last year! DCS has no originality!" or "ART SUCKS WHAT THE HECK".
These are all tied to personal opinion, and there's probably as much variance to that as there are humans.

Some people could express their views better, but they're predisposed to inciting the sort of reaction you offer them.
Eh, that's just cause it's recently become cool to hate O&M now that it's ending. It's doubly cool if you hang out in IRC.
How so? From what i've seen the people defending Ozy and Millie have been just as vocal as those finding faults. And it's not really anything to do with IRC. I idle/talk there quite a bit but I've been far less active than most regarding this heated debate and so have other IRC regulars.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:59 pm

Well, I also grew to dislike DCS from reading him talk online, and from what I got about his personality based on the comic, back when I grew to dislike OM. Not to say I hate him, I just don't really care about him.
We don't really care.
This.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Sobol

Postby Sobol » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:50 am

--> MuffinSticks
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА?
There's a mistake here. "КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЮ ПУШКУ?" will be right, if you meant "Who touched my gun (cannon)?"

-----

Ms. Mudd surely looks weird...

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Where did Millie learned to tie a dress?

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Wow lot's of discussion on this one before I could even say my piece. I need to get used to this as I will most likely my posts in this forum will be few and far between for the forseeable future. I can't say I've fallen into the h8 O&M crowd just because it's ending. Most of the newer strips though haven't really rated high with me though. Maybe I am just loosing a little interest with the end coming. Maybe I never really liked it that much to begin with. Not completely sure. Still whatever the case, I'll stick it out till the ending of the strip. Who knows...I might find the ending rather epic.
Nathan

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 pm

Not only do I like the strip, I'm also wondering why people aren't more diplomatic with their criticism, considering it's possible that DCS will read it.
I don't think DCS comes here anymore. She certainly hasn't posted in months, and one of the last times she did, it was a threat to stop endorsing this forum on the O&M main page because an insulting member wasn't getting banned.
Where did Millie learned to tie a dress?
Maybe right there, following her mom's instructions.
Eh, that's just cause it's recently become cool to hate O&M now that it's ending.
Could O&M be the next "Seinfeld," with the last episode hated by long-time fans and appreciated by long-time detractors?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Ormur

Postby Ormur » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:41 pm

Having only discovered O&M a few months ago (read the whole archive in a few days) I don't really see anything wrong with the present storyline, except perhaps the infrequent posting. I want to see how the wedding turns out though before I make a final judgment.

A too traditional wedding would seem out of character for everyone though.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I agree with ormur, I read the archives strips a month ago and now I'm anxiously waiting for each new strip

Return to “O&M Strips”