Friday, August 18, 2000: Interesting visuals

Revisiting old Ozy & Millie comics.

Moderator:Æron

NonsenseWords
Friday, August 18, 2000: Interesting visuals

Postby NonsenseWords » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:54 pm

And so the whole debacle just... peters out, not with a bang, but with a bit of absurdism.

Unfortunately, this being from the year 2000, we are not done with politicking by a long shot. Which is a shame, because when DCS is not on his soapbox he can put together some really nice and charming work.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Re: Friday, August 18, 2000: Interesting visuals

Postby Muninn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm

but with a bit of absurdism.
You're reading Ozy and Millie and you didn't expect, or don't like it when this happens?

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Actually... t'be honest, a lot of the 'absurdism for absurdists sake' things (including the much-vaunted "I'm a waffle!") are really not appealing to me, no. It's just saying "Look how wacky I am!"; it's not humorous, just random.

But that wasn't really the point; I was just saying that DCS goes off on an arc about how Discrimination is Bad and then ends it with a chicken on a dragon's head. Granted, given the nature of the strip, I'm not surprised, but it did seem a little... incongruous.

IceDragon

Postby IceDragon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 pm

Actually... t'be honest, a lot of the 'absurdism for absurdists sake' things (including the much-vaunted "I'm a waffle!") are really not appealing to me, no. It's just saying "Look how wacky I am!"; it's not humorous, just random.

But that wasn't really the point; I was just saying that DCS goes off on an arc about how Discrimination is Bad and then ends it with a chicken on a dragon's head. Granted, given the nature of the strip, I'm not surprised, but it did seem a little... incongruous.
DCS has an issue with ending arcs. Really wrote this arc into a corner. Unfortunately, I don't think DCS ever improved in that aspect.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:05 pm

And you're reading this comic strip because...

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm

...there's enough that I like that I can ignore the political soapboxing and rare instances of total absurdity. There's a lot more that I do enjoy than don't. Simple.

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”