Moderator:Æron

NonsenseWords
Friday, January 14, 2000: Yesterday's stupid trends

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Re: Friday, January 14, 2000: Yesterday's stupid trends

Postby Muninn » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:16 pm

This would work better if Avery's regular attire wasn't so normal. Just putting him in some oversized trousers for the sake of this joke is too forced. I would have liked to see this with Ozy and Millie who both wear something more odd. Of course they would approach it from another point of view but I think some good jokes/observations could still be made.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:41 pm

I have witnessed this in real life: people draped in the most absurd excesses of modern fashion, making fun of photos of people draped in the worst excesses of yesterday's fashion. People never learn.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 pm

This would work better if Avery's regular attire wasn't so normal. Just putting him in some oversized trousers for the sake of this joke is too forced. I would have liked to see this with Ozy and Millie who both wear something more odd. Of course they would approach it from another point of view but I think some good jokes/observations could still be made.
The joke is about the stupidity of modern fashion, which neither one of them subscribe to. This might have been better if following up one of the strips where Avery adopts some sort of fashion only to look silly, and he makes this observation while still dressed like that.

On the other hand those big pants are stupid so we can ignore him randomly wearing them to focus on how stupid they are. Very stupid.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:10 pm

This might have been better if following up one of the strips where Avery adopts some sort of fashion only to look silly, and he makes this observation while still dressed like that.
It would have been better like that sure but it wasn't so it just comes off as awkward.

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”