NonsenseWords
Thursday, September 9, 1999: Incoherence

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm

...was that really necessary...?

Tom_Radigan

Re: Thursday, September 9, 1999: Incoherence

Postby Tom_Radigan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

...was that really necessary...?
Presumably DCS was no longer expecting his comic to be placed in the newspapers, so he let loose with his politics.

How ironic that Bush's rival Al Gore is now starting to look very bad... :laugh:

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Al Gore kind of always sucked, really.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 am

Al Gore kind of always sucked, really.
Oh I agree. But just a few years ago he was hailed as a great hero, having won the Nobel Peace Prize for bringing attention to global warming, and before that, he was the supposed winner of the 2000 Presidential election but it was stolen from him.

Well, in light of recent events, this hero is taking quite a fall.

Feefers

Postby Feefers » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:32 am

How ironic that Bush's rival Al Gore is now starting to look very bad... :laugh:
... He is?

Perhaps i'm missing something obvious but over here Bush is still ridculed much more the Gore.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:10 am

Al Gore also invented the Internet #trufact
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Trance

Postby Trance » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am

After Sam & Max destroyed the internet in 2007, Al Gore rebuilt it in his own image.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:34 am

... He is?

Perhaps i'm missing something obvious but over here Bush is still ridculed much more the Gore.
Like Yeltsin has a far better reputation outside of Russia than in it. Maybe Obama is still popular outside the USA, but here we're actually starting to become nostalgic about the Bush years.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Like Yeltsin has a far better reputation outside of Russia than in it. Maybe Obama is still popular outside the USA, but here we're actually starting to become nostalgic about the Bush years.
What do you mean by 'here' and 'we'? Because I was under the impression that it's only a minority of people who would actually want a return to Bush.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Æron

Postby Æron » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 pm

What do you mean by 'here' and 'we'? Because I was under the impression that it's only a minority of people who would actually want a return to Bush.
He's parroting right-wing talking points.
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Don't be so naive. Bush was no right-wing President. My point is that Obama has proven to be a worse President than Bush. Look at the huge deficits and out-of-control spending. Look at how the USA looks worse than before. I thought the world loved us more because of Obama? Ha! These are facts, not talking points of any wing.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:34 am

Don't be so naive. Bush was no right-wing President. My point is that Obama has proven to be a worse President than Bush. Look at the huge deficits and out-of-control spending. Look at how the USA looks worse than before. I thought the world loved us more because of Obama? Ha! These are facts, not talking points of any wing.
Only idiots wish Bush was back. He spent just as much as Obama, and the world didn't exactly love the States under his reign. Anyone with half a brain can see they both suck, Bush slightly more cause at least Obama has some smarts.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:23 am

Bush was no right-wing President.
what?

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I know for a fact that the world has always hated us, no matter who our President is. It's because we're strong, though far less powerful than many people claim. They may need us, like Europe needed our troops in the former Yugoslavia because they couldn't take care of it themselves, or in Iran or Haiti after their recent major earthquakes. Thew world pisses on us when they don't need our help, and scream for our help when they do. And people wonder why we Americans laugh at world opinion. It's too damn fickle.

Bush was hardly a conservative. Social spending went way up under his administration. No Child Left Behind, anyone? (It was actually writted by Senator Ted Kennedy.) And what happened under Obama? A lot, LOT more spending.

BTW, remember the MAD magazine cover picture I posted previously? He's become hated among the liberals, not just the conservatives. I personally know several disillusioned former Obama supporters. Of course, I knew all along that Obama was just a Chicago party hack who got incredibly lucky, and that people who thought he was brilliant and was going to make things better were engaged in 100% pure wishful thinking. Now all but the dumbest Obama supporters are finally seeing the truth.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:09 pm

The ancient Romans were all too happy when the elderly tyrannical emperor Tiberius died. Unfortunately, his replacement was the lunatic Caligula, who was initially popular but after several years he became so hated his own guards assassinated him.

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”