Tuesday, March 30, 1999: Dress for success

Revisiting old Ozy & Millie comics.

Moderator:Æron

NonsenseWords
Tuesday, March 30, 1999: Dress for success

Postby NonsenseWords » Sat May 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Why does Millie own a dress, anyway? And doesn't she have more overalls? Has she been wearing this one pair the entire time?

Bocaj Claw

Re: Tuesday, March 30, 1999: Dress for success

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat May 01, 2010 11:16 pm

She has dresses for formal occasions. I mean, I hate ties and gimp masks but I still have to own a few ties in case I ever need to dress up.

And since overalls can be singular or plural, I think it means that all her overalls are in the laundry. All of the them. Or maybe Ms. Mudd wishes Millie would dress more feminine sometimes and is using the opportunity to force the issue.
Millie is just old enough to have her own sense of style, and when you first reach the age where you have one, you really don't like having your parents mess with it.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sun May 02, 2010 3:10 am

She has dresses for formal occasions. I mean, I hate ties and gimp masks but I still have to own a few ties in case I ever need to dress up.

And since overalls can be singular or plural, I think it means that all her overalls are in the laundry. All of the them. Or maybe Ms. Mudd wishes Millie would dress more feminine sometimes and is using the opportunity to force the issue.
Millie is just old enough to have her own sense of style, and when you first reach the age where you have one, you really don't like having your parents mess with it.
Except Ms. Mudd herself more often wears trousers than dresses, and this is true in the earlier as well as the later strips. As for Millie, her preference for overalls stems from the fact that they are more durable for little kids' physical activities.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun May 02, 2010 6:04 am

I've known some mothers who wear jeans and sweatshirts themselves, but dress their kids up as though they were going to a formal banquet. A lot of parents like to live vicariously through their children.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon May 03, 2010 12:36 am

Why is Millie responsible for getting herself up? She's 8. The mom should be waking her up not expecting her to set her alarm every night.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon May 03, 2010 4:01 am

As for Millie, her preference for overalls stems from the fact that they are more durable for little kids' physical activities.
When/where was this said?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Mon May 03, 2010 11:33 am

As for Millie, her preference for overalls stems from the fact that they are more durable for little kids' physical activities.
It's just conjecture on my part, but that would be the most likely reason. Millie doesn't seem to eschew being feminine otherwise.

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Did miss mudd just gave millie a quick banana job :shock: :o

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon May 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Why does Millie own a dress, anyway?
Her mother bought it thinking she'd wear it but Millie had other ideas?

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue May 04, 2010 12:00 am

It's just conjecture on my part, but that would be the most likely reason. Millie doesn't seem to eschew being feminine otherwise.
Millie eschews all preconceived notions. Plus she rejects anything femmy Felicia does, which may be because Felicia takes part in girly activities or because Felicia is a bitch

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed May 05, 2010 3:31 am

Why is Millie responsible for getting herself up? She's 8. The mom should be waking her up not expecting her to set her alarm every night.
I've often thought this.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Actually, Middle class kids here in my country is responsible in getting themselves up. I've seen GRADE 1 Elementary Students wake up at 4AM, Get ready for school; then leaves the house at 5:30AM. School starts at 6AM.

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”