Wednesday, September 22, 1999: Millie's parting shot

Revisiting old Ozy & Millie comics.

Moderator:Æron

NonsenseWords
Wednesday, September 22, 1999: Millie's parting shot

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm

So they don't have Kablamo Cola, the Backstreet Spice Boys, or Jerry Springer, but they do have Jesse Ventura? I mean I guess I'd be freaked out if anything with 13 heads tried to attack me, but...

Tom_Radigan

Re: Wednesday, September 22, 1999: Millie's parting shot

Postby Tom_Radigan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 pm

From what I've heard residents of Minnesota tell me, Jesse Ventura was an idiot, so I doubt 13 heads would do him much more good than one.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:33 pm

I've heard from a few residents of Minnesota that they liked Jesse Ventura very much.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:27 pm

I've heard you probably shouldn't elect a pro wrestler as governor and expect a whole lot out of him

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:30 am

I've heard you probably shouldn't elect a pro wrestler as governor and expect a whole lot out of him
But he was a...gasp...third party candidate! Meaning he was going to be fantastic and different from all the usual politicians. Why did you think his victory was national news?

Of course, I have long since learned that a "different" politician does not necessarily mean a good one...or for that matter one who behaves so much differently once in office.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 pm

That was almost entirely un-anvilicious, Tom.
I really did think Jesse "The Body" Ventura was endlessly amusing in those days, didn't I?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:50 pm

I really did think Jesse "The Body" Ventura was endlessly amusing in those days, didn't I?
Did DCS ever live in Minnesota, or have family who did? Because once the novelty of his being voted in wore off, I rarely heard about him in the news. From what DCS has said, he/she must have heard about him a lot somehow.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:18 am

He was here and there. I believe he was a commentator for the XFL at that time.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:31 am

Did DCS ever live in Minnesota, or have family who did? Because once the novelty of his being voted in wore off, I rarely heard about him in the news. From what DCS has said, he/she must have heard about him a lot somehow.
Tom... There is this thing they call the Internet. I actually had to look him up because for a moment I thought he was talking about Ace Ventura, pet detective. I realize the technicality that you said after the election you rarely heard about him. But I ask you this, have you ever lived or had family in Minnesota? And since when has information from the Midwest not been available during the 21st century? Any time you or I wanted to know something about Jesse Ventura we could just do a Google search, but like you, I don't really care.

You don't have to be in the military to criticize wars; you don't have to be a director to be a movie critic; you don't have to live in Minnesota to know about what happens there; and you don't need to live in Washington D.C to criticize. You also don't need to be a genius to realize that there is NO HIDDEN AGENDA AND THAT HE MERELY FOUND HIM AMUSING.

That being said this strip was completely lackluster and rather badly drawn.
Also for your enjoyment.
http://www.jesseventura.net/
http://www.jesseventura.com/
http://www.ontheissues.org/Jesse_Ventura.htm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-ven ... 91504.html (March, 2010)

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:50 pm

I once had a girlfriend who lived in Minnesota, but she only referred to Jesse Ventura once, in passing, saying he was an idiot. When we went to a planetarium auditorium in Minnesota, the speaker made a disparaging remark about then-governor Ventura, and the audience laughed.

No, you don't have to live in Minnesota to laugh at Jesse Ventura, but if you did you've have far more incentive to do so. I live near Chicago and mocking Richard Daley would be much more amusing to us than to somebody in, say, New York City. After all, Daley's actions affect us more directly.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 am

poast
I liked this post because it was basically 2 paragraphs of "HAH THIS IS WHY YOUR STATEMENT IS RIDICULOUS" followed by a quick "BTW THIS STRIP SUCKS!" I imagined you smashing a glass against the floor and saying "good day, sir" before you left the hypothetical room. ^_____^
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”