October 27th or something, I dunno, found it today

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
Feefers
Re: October 27th or something, I dunno, found it today

Postby Feefers » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 am

Any rabbit that backs into a tree and just stands there rather then oh say continuing to run for it's small hole in the ground a dog can't get into deserves to get eaten.

This actually brings up an intresting issue I was talking to a friend about which is the disconnection in society between death and food; people like having thier meat arrive in a nice clean pre-packaged container with a total disassociation between what the animal once was and how it arrives.

This imnsho is a bad thing.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:40 pm

As soon as I saw that stupid bunny's face I wanted to kill it myself.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Why are the backgrounds so nice while Raine is so very not? Because those backgrounds are nice.

In fact, I think it's more worthwhile to just stare at the trees instead of bothering with the action.

Speaking of action, on the first page (fifth panel), why is Raine stalking something while in front of a huge piece of college ruled paper? I seriously thought that the panel had been drawn on lined paper before realizing it was supposed to be 'stylistic'.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Why does the rabbit walk on two legs? I would assume it is trying to be like a human but its not wearing a lab coat. What the deal?

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 pm

What DCS didn't show us is that between the "staring-at-bunny" panel and the first "staring-at-nothing" panel, there's supposed to be a "devouring-bunny-alive" panel.
Ha ha, win. Live AND whole? That takes talent, apparently Raine has snake jaws. (This would also explain the muzzle deformation disease she suffers from.)
First bestiality, and now vore? What is this strip coming to?

Seriously though Æron, I lolled. Excellent edit!

Æron

Postby Æron » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 pm

As much as I would like to take credit for it, it was Doog's edit, not mine. :P
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:12 pm

She sure is taking a long time to swallow that bunny alive though. She likes to make it suffer.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 pm

What DCS didn't show us is that between the "staring-at-bunny" panel and the first "staring-at-nothing" panel, there's supposed to be a "devouring-bunny-alive" panel.
Ha ha, win. Live AND whole? That takes talent, apparently Raine has snake jaws. (This would also explain the muzzle deformation disease she suffers from.)
First bestiality, and now vore? What is this strip coming to?

Seriously though Æron, I lolled. Excellent edit!
When I was young, I happened to look under our house's back porch and caught our old cat Willy in the process of eating a rabbit. It was laying on its side, and Willy was munching on the abdominal section. (I had rabbit parts to clean up later.) Mostly he caught and ate squirrels, though, leaving the bushy tail and the large intestine.

Years later, a cat we got after Willy named Figaro would spend his time as a kitten staring into the cage of a pet rabbit the neighbors had. Then he caught a wild rabbit, and the neighborhood kids chased him around, trying to rescue the rabbit (we did.) Forget the stereotypes; rabbits can make noise, and they can put up a fight!

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Any rabbit that backs into a tree and just stands there rather then oh say continuing to run for it's small hole in the ground a dog can't get into deserves to get eaten.

This actually brings up an intresting issue I was talking to a friend about which is the disconnection in society between death and food; people like having thier meat arrive in a nice clean pre-packaged container with a total disassociation between what the animal once was and how it arrives.

This imnsho is a bad thing.
You'll love this then:

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff200/fv00195.htm

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 am

C'mon, who couldn't have guessed the outcome of this? It would have gone better if RD had killed the rabbit, then realized what she had done and decided she wasn't cut out to be a hunter.

Also, where is Alpha? He's a pretty poor leader to send someone out on their first hunt alone. He could've had RD corner the rabbit, then if she didn't kill it, he would've. RD then could've realized she does not want to be part of the pack, etc.

So, what happens now? I wouldn not be at all shocked if RD just ran away and the whole incident forgotten. Or she stupidly goes back to Alpha and makes up a lie or something. Either way, it clearly ends OK for her.

Like a train wreck, I cannot stop reading this. I just wish DCS would stop being predictable and give us a genuine surprise. She used to do that with O&M then she just lost interest and went with what people expected. Now it seem that she just can't stop doing that. It makes me fear for the upcoming O&M story.

Finally this whole hunting thing is clearly a ripoff of a Suburban Jungle story where Dover tried predation but got a case of the guilts at the last minute. It was handled much better there.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:31 am

I like O&M but when was there ever a surprise? School officials and cool people are always evil, Millie and Ozzy are always the misunderstood people who are actually cool, and DCS always lives vicariously through Millie.

Feefers

Postby Feefers » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 pm

I suspect this might be more accurate, sorry I suck at drawing however.

IceDragon

Postby IceDragon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:51 pm

I suspect this might be more accurate, sorry I suck at drawing however.

We'd better not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:28 pm

I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh no, you know it all, don't you?
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

IceDragon

Postby IceDragon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 pm

I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh no, you know it all, don't you?
Go on Boors, chop its head off

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”