Bluedogs

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 am

I've not been following this entire US health care debate as closely as some people here seem to have been, but did some people really think Stephen Hawking wasn't British?
I'm not sure precisely what they thought, but they did write that were Stephen Hawking on the NHS, they would have let him die. Which is clearly not true, because he is, and they haven't.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:36 pm

but he doesn't have a british accent!

(also, that's news to me that people used him as an example. haha!)
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Pundits say the darnedest things.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:43 pm

I "lol'd" when I read about how Stephen Hawking was flung into the debate, and I was glad about the result. I would also like to apologize to FC for being confrontational, I took a cool down for a few days (a week?) before logging back on. But unfortunately your further comments on the matter do not change my views. I would also like to thank Dr. Dos for that very well explained explanation on the tax bracket system, it gives some raw data that really puts it into quantatative perspective, something I can't do. Personally in matters such as this I believe its less the numbers than the ethical and moral concerns that matter. I cite FC's arguments that use large numbers but seem to be more confusing, after reading all the responsives a more qualatative response combined with a few quantatative information would greatly improve those stances.

I unfortunately have not figured out how to double-space things properly on a forum and indentatation is a real pain when using these boxes.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:16 pm

That gap you did right there - between "greatly improve those stances" and "I unfortunately have not" - that was perfect. Keep doing that.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm

alternatively, don't.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:56 am

That gap you did right there - between "greatly improve those stances" and "I unfortunately have not" - that was perfect. Keep doing that.
Yeah, I realized the irony in my posting afterward. Will do :grin: . But perhaps as the Cantalope said I won't :grin: . Its anyone's game really... or not...

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:18 pm

No, it's free. Taxes are paid whether it's going to be allocated to socialized healthcare, or whether the british government's going to abolish hospitals and health care itself. You are just trying to rain on the parade still because you're still in "argue with Fritz" mode
Quite the contrary, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. The money has to come from somewhere. A certain amount of money is allocated to funds for medical expenses, and a portion of everyone's taxes goes into that fund.

Money, despite peoples best efforts, doesn't come from nowhere.
Well sir, I've never paid any tax in my life as I've not ever had any real jobs due to my hard-core unemployability. Even hobos can get treated for free, seeing as the rich front more of the bills.

Caoimhin

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:46 pm

No, it's free. Taxes are paid whether it's going to be allocated to socialized healthcare, or whether the british government's going to abolish hospitals and health care itself. You are just trying to rain on the parade still because you're still in "argue with Fritz" mode
Quite the contrary, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. The money has to come from somewhere. A certain amount of money is allocated to funds for medical expenses, and a portion of everyone's taxes goes into that fund.

Well sir, I've never paid any tax in my life as I've not ever had any real jobs due to my hard-core unemployability. Even hobos can get treated for free, seeing as the rich front more of the bills.
Rooster... **Does a Daffy Duckish thing with his finger and opens his mouth to speak further but swiftly closes his mouth and quietly glares.**

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Rooster... **Does a Daffy Duckish thing with his finger and opens his mouth to speak further but swiftly closes his mouth and quietly glares.**
I went looking for an animated GIF of that. I couldn't find one.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 pm

I would think that such a pose would be so iconic and universal that an animated gif would seem redundant.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Uhh that would make it completely necessary.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 am

If you have a disability you should be able to get medicare or medicade. I always mix up which is for old people and which is for white trash who claim to have a back injury that prevents them from working but doesn't prevent them from riding 4 Wheelers.
Sarcasm aside, Medicare is for both groups, actually. Medicaid is for people who are just below a certain income level, although Wikipedia says not everyone qualifies, whatever that means.
I've not been following this entire US health care debate as closely as some people here seem to have been, but did some people really think Stephen Hawking wasn't British?
It gets worse: "some people" (including several actual politicians) are trying to convince Americans that one of the provisions in this bill is mandatory euthanasia. Read the sordid details here. Up until now, I've considered Palin mostly a harmless and entertaining ditz, but I think she crossed the Moral Event Horizon this time.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:25 pm

If you have a disability you should be able to get medicare or medicade. I always mix up which is for old people and which is for white trash who claim to have a back injury that prevents them from working but doesn't prevent them from riding 4 Wheelers.
Sarcasm aside, Medicare is for both groups, actually. Medicaid is for people who are just below a certain income level, although Wikipedia says not everyone qualifies, whatever that means.
It gets worse: "some people" (including several actual politicians) are trying to convince Americans that one of the provisions in this bill is mandatory euthanasia. Read the sordid details here. Up until now, I've considered Palin mostly a harmless and entertaining ditz, but I think she crossed the Moral Event Horizon this time.
Palin, for all her faults, isn't AS dumb as she comes across. I think what was trying to be said here is that ultimately there would be someone who could have the power to say that a medical procedure isn't worth the cost of investment into an individual. This is exampled by one case where someone asked Obama if there were a terminally ill elderly individual who was in need of a hip replacement, and there was an indeterminate amount of time for this individual, he answered he'd recommend "paying it out-of-pocket" because it was family, and there are moral debates that would ensue through the government run healthcare.

Palin's use of this and exaggerating it to "Death Panels" has clearly backfired on her, and she is more misunderstood with this one statement than any previous.

Just glad that another individual trying to use scare tactics has self-destructed, politically.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:01 pm

You're despicable

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”