And....?
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed May 06, 2009 1:10 am

http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

santi
Location:Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, SAmeruca, Colombia, Armenia, My House, in front of the Drawing Table

Postby santi » Wed May 06, 2009 1:28 am

its the end of the world

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 am

it's the end of the world, and all the old DC members are returning in hopes that they shall be selected to grace the furry heaven of DCS.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 am

I was starting to notice that.

santi
Location:Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, SAmeruca, Colombia, Armenia, My House, in front of the Drawing Table

Postby santi » Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 am

I just say the kiss strip and was totally disgusted so I got curious about what you guys were saying about it lol

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed May 06, 2009 3:34 am

DEAR MEMBERS RETURNING/JOINGING: STICK AROUND. IT'LL ONLY GO DOWNHILL FROM HERE.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed May 06, 2009 3:38 am

I bet if we got around five or six more old members to come back we could actually create a black hole of bitterness and broken expectations. It'll be funny.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Fri May 08, 2009 4:51 am

I bet if we got around five or six more old members to come back we could actually create a black hole of bitterness and broken expectations. It'll be funny.
What constitutes old? I've never been in a black hole before... Could prove educational. And wow.... Glad I HAVN'T been reading this comic. This is awful (meh, I'm pretty ummovable concept wise, but the writing is damn awful can't stand bad writing...).

unreal

gah.

Postby unreal » Wed May 13, 2009 9:55 am

I've read the postings from the last few days, and while many are well thought out, most seem to have nothing to do with 'cynical', the hopeful title of this forum. Instead many seem to be impulsive, mean-spirited rantings the level of adolescent idiocy, lacking depth or any true understanding and insight, or even historical awareness of the range of cartooning and storytelling.

The 'kiss' strip clearly showed Jeff surprised, and not only that, this is a story told as seen through the dog's eyes. She is a PERSON. One of the insightful commenters did note that this is an anthropomorphic construct, neither fully animal nor human. There is NO intention whatsoever of bestiality. It is an anthropomorphic FRIEND who wishes to give her FRIEND (who happens to be her owner in this scenario) a mere kiss.
There is nothing more about it that is not seen in the drawing.

The 'operation' drawing is an interpretation, again, seen from the dog's eyes in this story. She assumes that her operation has something to do with the kiss. This does not mean it does, but for her it may seem to. Calvin had hundreds of scenarios in his head, from his stuffed tiger coming alive, to being a dinosaur, to traveling time, but the outside elements (outside the mind) continue onward regardless of the interpretations being told through the dog's eyes. It was likely just time for her to get fixed. It is a timeline, and Jeff would tell the story in a whole different way perhaps, but it's Just A Story of People, with a few anthropomorphic attributes as window dressing, nothing more. And it is a tale of interpretation from the mind of a person (who happens to be an anthro puppy dog). The interpretation is what you see. Many of the items might be different to other players in the tale, and they are no more hard fact than Snoopy really fighting the Red Baron, or an entire grassland of animals singing 'Circle of Life' to a pride of talking lions about to eat them.

It is a story. It isn't a documentary. It is a gift to you, to read or not read. And it is a person giving the gift to you. Free.
Try to give just a little more than primitive, gut reaction, nasty, taunting, unappreciative interaction in the forum.
It is here to be constructive, not destructive, and if you do not give input with some degree of care, the forum doesn't really serve any worthwhile purpose at all.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed May 13, 2009 10:27 am

unreal, you seem to have made the grave and unforgivable mistake that much of what is said on this forum is actually serious. You give an interesting interpretation of the events so far, though; I don't think anyone had thought of the story that way.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed May 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Being rude is fun.
[/epic post]
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 pm

You give an interesting interpretation of the events so far, though; I don't think anyone had thought of the story that way.
Sir! I detect sarcasm and trace amounts of irony!

klimt

Postby klimt » Wed May 13, 2009 11:06 pm

heres the thing, the problem isn't in the content of the story, its in how its been delivered. so far there is absolutely nothing in the story that hasn't been seen elsewhere. anthrodog/human sex is pretty common on family guy, the difference is, its being delivered in a way that people won't care. i don't know exactly how it was intended to be perceived in this case. i don't really care, it was the obvious and predictable end to that arc anyway and most people have reacted poorly to it. so far the only thing remotely well done in this strip is the artwork, as always DCS is good at drawing cute animals and fairly bad at writing and delivering plots. you'd never think there was someone with 10 years of somewhat related experience doing it. its nice that he's doing something that should help improve that...but from what i can tell, its not ready to be shown to the audience yet.

i was willing to accept that the last of O&M was poor due to a general apathy towards it...this just indicates that DCS has shitty standards.

tips for a successful webcomic:
"Don't be a dick. Practice more. Don't suck. "

MaxFox

Re: gah.

Postby MaxFox » Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 pm

I've read the postings from the last few days, and while many are well thought out, most seem to have nothing to do with 'cynical', the hopeful title of this forum. Instead many seem to be impulsive, mean-spirited rantings the level of adolescent idiocy, lacking depth or any true understanding and insight, or even historical awareness of the range of cartooning and storytelling.

The 'kiss' strip clearly showed Jeff surprised, and not only that, this is a story told as seen through the dog's eyes. She is a PERSON. One of the insightful commenters did note that this is an anthropomorphic construct, neither fully animal nor human. There is NO intention whatsoever of bestiality. It is an anthropomorphic FRIEND who wishes to give her FRIEND (who happens to be her owner in this scenario) a mere kiss.
There is nothing more about it that is not seen in the drawing.

The 'operation' drawing is an interpretation, again, seen from the dog's eyes in this story. She assumes that her operation has something to do with the kiss. This does not mean it does, but for her it may seem to. Calvin had hundreds of scenarios in his head, from his stuffed tiger coming alive, to being a dinosaur, to traveling time, but the outside elements (outside the mind) continue onward regardless of the interpretations being told through the dog's eyes. It was likely just time for her to get fixed. It is a timeline, and Jeff would tell the story in a whole different way perhaps, but it's Just A Story of People, with a few anthropomorphic attributes as window dressing, nothing more. And it is a tale of interpretation from the mind of a person (who happens to be an anthro puppy dog). The interpretation is what you see. Many of the items might be different to other players in the tale, and they are no more hard fact than Snoopy really fighting the Red Baron, or an entire grassland of animals singing 'Circle of Life' to a pride of talking lions about to eat them.

It is a story. It isn't a documentary. It is a gift to you, to read or not read. And it is a person giving the gift to you. Free.
Try to give just a little more than primitive, gut reaction, nasty, taunting, unappreciative interaction in the forum.
It is here to be constructive, not destructive, and if you do not give input with some degree of care, the forum doesn't really serve any worthwhile purpose at all.
I agree... guys this is a fan forum!! FAN means you don't criticize or make jokes about it!! Why is everyone being so ungrateful here? Dana is clearly doing ya'll a service and you respond by spitting in her face. You people are acting so immature. I really hope the rest of the internet doesn't see this topic.

Who CARES that Jeff was sleeping without any apparent clothing? Who CARES that he is a human and Raine is a dog? She can talk. I'm disgusted that so many of you made the connection to beastiality.

I've pretty much had it with this place... You guys are a little too immature for my tastes. Learn to accept a gift, seriouslY!!![/i]

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”