Forum link

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
AmigaDragon
Forum link

Postby AmigaDragon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 pm

I looked all over the Raine Dog site but I couldn't find a link to the forum, I had to go to the O&M site to find it. was I just blind or is that something that still has to be fixed at RD?

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Franz Schubert - Where? (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm an unconfirmed, second hand, widely speculative source but at times DC Simpson and DC Forum have had arguments.

On the other hand, it was only recently that a FAQ and author info was added. Maybe she just hasn't gotten around to it.

On the second other hand (as may be found on Zaaphods) maybe DC Simpson has been replaced by a Skrull and is planning to kill us all. Who knows which of us has been replaced already.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Æron

Postby Æron » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:39 pm

In addition to what Bocaj said, there has been no final decision on the part of DC management on whether to add Raine Dog as part of the forum's focus/theme.
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

AmigaDragon

Postby AmigaDragon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 pm

I don't care if the forum site has a focus or theme on the strip (whatever you mean by that). If the strip has a forum, there should be a link to it. Otherwise new readers that find RD (without going through O&M, which now no longer has a RD link) won't know that there's a forum where they can discuss the strip.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: JS Bach - Dona Nobis Pacem from B minor Mass (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:08 pm

The thing is, DC is a completely separate entity, and though it's a fan-forum, it's not an "official" one by any means. Thus, it's entirely DCS's decision whether to link to it or not, just as it's our decision whether to make Raine Dog a major part of our theme.

Personally I think it would be a good idea if DCS posted a link to us, but again it's not required that she do so.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

You've been replaced by a Skrull haven't you? Fess up!
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

I don't care if the forum site has a focus or theme on the strip (whatever you mean by that). If the strip has a forum, there should be a link to it.
not sure you're understanding, the idea is that Define Cynical has not actually decided that we ARE a forum for the strip. Therefore, the strip does not necessarily have a forum. therefore, for the time being at least, there is not a link here from RD.

we are a forum for ozy and millie, we have a link from ozy and millie. Although it looks like it to you, because we have a forum for discussing RD, we are not actually an RD fan forum. we had threads about IDT when it first started, yet we were never an IDT forum.

I hope it wouldn't be because of our personal disagreements with DCS. I was one of the main people that said "David" and "he" even after DCS switched, and if that's the reason Dana then I ask that you forgive us. I make it a point to say "she" and "Dana"
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:45 pm

If I was him I wouldn't link here. Seems like most people tear Raine Dog strips to shreds at every oppertunity...something even a high-horse rider like myself are guilty of ^^;

That said; Get pants You Fucken Fuckwits (You Can't Move Into My House)

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:52 pm

we are a forum for ozy and millie, we have a link from ozy and millie. Although it looks like it to you, because we have a forum for discussing RD, we are not actually an RD fan forum. we had threads about IDT when it first started, yet we were never an IDT forum.
And we sure ain't a forum of Raine Dog fans. In fact, I'm not sure anyone, anywhere would consider themselves a "fan" of the comic yet; being a graphic novel in online form, it's really the sort of thing that'll only start picking up "fans" once the story has had time to unfold. For now it just has "readers".

AmigaDragon

Postby AmigaDragon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Now you lost me again with that "IDT".
I hope it wouldn't be because of our personal disagreements with DCS. I was one of the main people that said "David" and "he" even after DCS switched, and if that's the reason Dana then I ask that you forgive us. I make it a point to say "she" and "Dana"
I never knew DCS and don't think I ever heard of O&M or DCS until after his/her switch (whenever that was), so I have no idea what any disagreements are about (and I'm not asking).
And we sure ain't a forum of Raine Dog fans. In fact, I'm not sure anyone, anywhere would consider themselves a "fan" of the comic yet; being a graphic novel in online form, it's really the sort of thing that'll only start picking up "fans" once the story has had time to unfold. For now it just has "readers".
I'm not sure I'm a fan yet of RD. Taking the root of the word, I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a fanatic of any comics either. I just like to read them. I'm ok with O&M ending the way it did, much better than some comics (and other stories) I've read that just suddenly stopped with no warning and no explanation.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 pm

I never knew DCS and don't think I ever heard of O&M or DCS until after his/her switch (whenever that was), so I have no idea what any disagreements are about (and I'm not asking).
I was writing that bit to DCS, you don't have to worry about it
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 pm

IDT is "I Drew This" which is another comic DCS created as a way to take the political ranting out of OM. It spawned its own fan-forum separate from ours. Hope that clears up some confusion.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”