Site down

The Ozy and Millie comic in color!
Simba Cub
Site down

Postby Simba Cub » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm sure the owners are aware, but just in case...

Rich::

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 pm

No it isn't.

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:57 pm

I'm getting this:

I've tried emptying cookies and flushing cache to no avail :(

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:02 am

what browser?

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:03 am

I'm getting that when I use www.houserules.tk but not with www.houserules.org.uk

It appears that www.houserules.tk links to http://www.lupinia.us/houserules which does seem to be down.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:15 am

I'm getting that when I use www.houserules.tk but not with www.houserules.org.uk

It appears that www.houserules.tk links to http://www.lupinia.us/houserules which does seem to be down.
Bingo! That was it!

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:32 am

The moral of the story is: keep your bookmarks updated kiddies!

The secondary moral is to try another site mirror if one is down.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Well that's a relief. Not missing anything though. Ozy's still in the middle of his zen dance.
Nathan

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:07 am

ain't it the truth. I guess it's good that there's at least one mirror of the site for cases like this =P

on another note, you have the best avatar ever MAZZTer. I am glad to see the new strip being put to use, and so soon after its posting too.

much <3 for xkcd.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 am

Well that's a relief. Not missing anything though. Ozy's still in the middle of his zen dance.
I'm working, honest! There's just been some delays. And some delayed delays. Then I thought myself to be a slightly burnt English muffin for a short while. And then, delays of another kind that are really more along the lines of enjoying the whooshing sound that deadlines make as they fly past.

But I am working! The, uh, the pixels went on strike. Yeah. That's it.
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:58 am

ain't it the truth. I guess it's good that there's at least one mirror of the site for cases like this =P

on another note, you have the best avatar ever MAZZTer. I am glad to see the new strip being put to use, and so soon after its posting too.

much <3 for xkcd.
That avatar is awesome. *gives the MAZZTer a cookie*
I'm working, honest! There's just been some delays. And some delayed delays. Then I thought myself to be a slightly burnt English muffin for a short while. And then, delays of another kind that are really more along the lines of enjoying the whooshing sound that deadlines make as they fly past.

That reminded me of Makai Senki Disgaea, when the prinny squad went on strike. I'm not sure why. And now I've remembered another anime nearly as weird as Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu. Another one would be the short Magic School Lunar, which makes me cackle. "Moo?" Hee hee hee...
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:21 pm

No worries man. I wasn't upset or anything. Life happens, I'm well too aquanted with that. Love that pixels on strike excuse though. Would try that at work the next time I'm entering data but somehow I don't think that would work so well.
Nathan

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 am

I missed this thread :-P

Lupinia, the site that hosts House Rules, recently moved to a new server, and the back-end directory structure changed. So, while House Rules is alive and well at www.houserules.org.uk , the old urls that point to lupinia.us/houserules (including houserules.tk, which is just an iframe) will not work anymore.

I'm working on a more informative message to tell people this when they go to the site, I should have something up this week.

EDIT: I brought a preliminary 404 page online that tries to guess what you were trying to get to, and House Rules was the first intelligent suggestion I added to it. I also wrote a mod_rewrite rule to serve an informative image when someone tries to load an old strip URL.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Whoever owns the login for houserules.tk can easily go in and change it so that the new url is loaded in the iframe, right?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:26 am

Whoever owns the login for houserules.tk can easily go in and change it so that the new url is loaded in the iframe, right?
Yes, that would be Caigan's job, he's had that URL longer than Lupinia's been around :-P

Return to “House Rules”