Something a little different...

The Ozy and Millie comic in color!
Sliver

Postby Sliver » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:41 am

I most certainly do suggest that I do use the Brush Tool. Shocking!

Really though, it doesn't take me long. I use a graphics tablet, and a full strip takes maybe...30 minutes at most with constant interruptions (I don't think I've colored a strip in the past year without someone interrupting me for something)

I started out coloring HR strips using the magic wand and paint bucket technique, with brush strokes to define areas (mostly fur color borders), but it didn't feel right to me.
I'm the same way, started with the wand/bucket, now I do it totally with the brush using the tablet, although I take a couple hours each, I'm still learning :)

Sliver

Postby Sliver » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:43 am

Oh. Am I the only one here without a tablet!?!?

I use the poly-lasso + ctrl+delete method, and the pen tool for the muzzles.
For muzzles and such, I color a little sloppy toward the edges then erase what I don't need :)

Sliver

Postby Sliver » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:44 am

Theres only one thing I do differently. I usually across all panels the same color. So, I color Millie's fur in each panel, then hair, etc etc.
I was doing that, but I like the feel of progress I get by finishing each panel before moving on to the next. Except backgrounds, they are done last.

Sliver

Postby Sliver » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:47 am

Very nice *nods* but that's probably not how you actually color them yes?

Well... here's how I color...
Cool, now I understand why you said you colored the white areas too. That's the same technique used by professional comic coloring artists, lets them see what areas they might have missed. Sometimes they forget an area, like a Beetle Bailey strip a couple months ago that had a blue person LOL.

Sage

Postby Sage » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 am

Image my friend, Image

As for the greenish blue background, I've been using it ever since I made sprites...

I haven't worked on that in months though.

Return to “House Rules”