Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Mom, what's a filibuster?

The Ozy and Millie comic in color!
Sliver
Thursday, July 19, 2007 - Mom, what's a filibuster?

Postby Sliver » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:29 am

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by posting this, just wanted to have fun coloring a strip. I was going to color Millie in panel three, but decided to try leaving her un-colored for effect :)

I think I need to practice more, still a little ruff around the edges. I was going to color an early strip, but the newer ones are much easer :laugh:

Would love to get constructive criticism on this, it's my first time coloring a comic strip.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:36 am

You might want to post it in the topic for the strip in Current Strips. This forum is really only meant for the strips as they're posted on the HouseRules site. But seen as this forum wouldn't get as much activity otherwise, never mind. :P

That said, the image doesn't work...
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Sliver

Postby Sliver » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:10 am

Oops, sorry, my bad. I'll post there and fix the image link.

Sage

Postby Sage » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:55 am

By the way, what CodeCat emant by that is look for the topic pertaining to the uncolored strip and post in that. I don't know if you're allowed to bump a really old strip though...

Sliver

Postby Sliver » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:40 am

Yeah, I misunderstood :(

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:41 am

Aw it's not such a big deal anyway. ;)
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Jedi Ozy

Creative touch on panel 3...

Postby Jedi Ozy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 am

The way how Millie goes mono for that split second, much like the anime gag of characters turning to stone, though those reactions are usually one of dread fear on their part. Still, the effect works perfectly for Millie, nice one, first time I've seen it done in a coloured strip.
"The zen of martial arts is learning not to fight by learning how to fight; to learn not to kill by learning how to kill, etc."

Sliver

Re: Creative touch on panel 3...

Postby Sliver » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:24 am

The way how Millie goes mono for that split second, much like the anime gag of characters turning to stone, though those reactions are usually one of dread fear on their part. Still, the effect works perfectly for Millie, nice one, first time I've seen it done in a coloured strip.
Thanks, I thought it captured her better then colour ever could in that instance :) I tried it with colour, it just didn't look quite right.

Sage

Postby Sage » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:54 am

I still don't understand why their clothes react as well.

Sliver

Postby Sliver » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:09 am

I still don't understand why their clothes react as well.
I've seen that in a few anime, for example Jubei-chan. But in this case, it's mostly just artistic license :) I was trying to set her apart, to better show her shock, like a door opening to a new world.

Return to “House Rules”