DCS has dropped Define Cynical

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 am

I like how everyone seems unanimously agree that DC has downward spiraled, yet no one does anything about it.
What can be done? You and Nick are the ones who have the power to do anything.
Oh sure, play THAT card.
Well, it's true, right? All I can do is yell at people when they're being stupid, which just adds to the crap.
Using administrative actions to try and change the overall mood and opinions of the forum would be like putting a bandage on a tumor. Administrative actions are great for dealing with random assholes or the occasional naughty post, but not for anything else, really.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 am

I don't blame Simpson really. I do understand what she is saying. Damn you Paradigms!!!

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Thu May 07, 2009 3:16 am

so, I suggest that we all e-sign a statement saying that we will clean up DC, and then maybe we'll get to the point where DC is a place we can be proud of to call a Dana-Claire-Simpson-fansite again?

maybe we could also have a hidden board where old members can talk more loosely about anything OM related or non, so as not to completely alienate our userbase.

Because I too have been worried that DCS was going to disown us, but not try too hard to prevent it.
The only way we can fix this is if everyone agrees to pitch in.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu May 07, 2009 3:17 am

Do we want to fix it, though?

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu May 07, 2009 3:18 am

That disown part just reminds me of Lord Capulet threatening Juliet to throw her on the streets if she didn't marry Count Paris.

Excuse me for a sec. I'm going to bang all the Shakespearean hisory out of my head before it ruins my brain the way logic did.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu May 07, 2009 3:19 am

And what can we really do? The biggest difference between DC now and DC then is that the overall tone of the board is a little more jaded.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu May 07, 2009 3:21 am

The second biggest difference is that we generally spend more time talking about non-DCS stuff, whereas we used to spend more time talking about (at least tangentially) DCS stuff.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 am

in that case, we change the forum skin, and someone starts a new website for DCS-related stuff.

because we sure as hell are not going to let DCS's fans discuss on a keenspot forum. those things suck.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu May 07, 2009 3:27 am

Well, that's mostly because Ozy and Millie was still an active strip then. Not much we can do about that now, either.

Edit: Stop ninja posting me you goons

Æron

Postby Æron » Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 am

Well, according to DCS's post, more O&M is coming soon.
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

Comrade K

Postby Comrade K » Thu May 07, 2009 3:43 am

Do we want to fix it, though?
I think we just did fix it.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Thu May 07, 2009 3:49 am

Let me tell you a story about an online children's game called "Castle Infinity". There were many things wrong with it, but they're not relevant to the story.

Castle Infinity had a very affectionate fanbase. There was one guy who made a fansite called "C8world" for it, which included a message board. Just like Define Cynical, it soon stopped having anything really new to add to it other than posts on the message board, and so eventually they got rid of everything else (newbies: DC used to actually have updated pages of art and other content, and I don't mean our little coppermine gallery).
Even later in time, when Castle Infinity had pretty much gone downhill, but was still there, kind of like OM now, C8world was essentially all the old people that had met each other through their love of the game (just lost the game), but they were a bunch of /b/tards and shit and the board was far from family friendly.

The problem was solved by creating a new message board, this one officially hosted by Castle Infinity so as to not allow innapropriate material, but the old C8world was still alive for trollish banter and camaraderie.

So what should we call the new DCS fansite (not officially run by DCS, but with family-friendly rules again)?

Æron

Postby Æron » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 am

Wait, you are proposing the creation of an entirely new forum, then?
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 am

What about "Wahnsin"? Everybody should know what that means. It means "Insanity" for those who don't

OOH even better! "Tier Wahnsin" going with an anthro feel to the place.
Last edited by Segovia on Thu May 07, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 am

The problem was solved by creating a new message board, this one officially hosted by Castle Infinity so as to not allow innapropriate material, but the old C8world was still alive for trollish banter and camaraderie.
Actually c8world died pretty soon after that forum was created.

Though you could say there was parallels between c8world and DC. Back when I first joined c8world in 2001 when I was a complete and utter noob it was... considerably less family-unfriendly than it later become.

But I seem to recall that c8world mainly died because there was some stupid war that was like architects verses Seademond followers or some shit. I recall legal action being threatened at one point.

Return to “The Site”