Ban Segovia Megathread.

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Should we ban Johnathan "Roger" "Schizo" Segovia?

Yes.
44%
No.
56%

Total votes: 36

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 pm

I thought this thread was over.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 pm

I think this 'joke' or whatever it was was just not funny, and I feel like jamming the heads of those responsible down the toilet. Just when people complain that DC is going down the drain, you pull this kind of stunt and make it worse. Start acting like responsible admins and not just like a bunch of bored 4channers. And if you can't, just admit you're not up to the job rather than trying to draw attention to yourself in this way - by being obnoxious to the point that nobody can ignore you anymore. Major fail.

I'm seriously thinking of just ditching this site now. I'll be back when it's in capable hands.

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:22 pm

I miss my posts :cry:

They were xbillion times better then the whole thread combined.

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:09 pm

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:25 am

I'm new here, not really qualified to comment, but...

Truth is, though I'm not exactly a fan, I think Segovia is ultimately harmless, just...kinna annoying. And even that sounds a smidge strong to my ears.

Granted, there've been a few threads I've seen derailed due to excessive Rogering (pun intended), but...ehhh...it's not like he's starting flamewars or trolling, so far as I can see.

Speaking as someone who, in the past, has been guilty of more than a little assholery, if it were up to me, I'd be inclined to be largely tolerant...though only out of sheer, pig-headed fairness and egalitarianism; if I left the decision solely up to selfish emotion, Segovia'ed be outta here so fast you could hear air rush back into the vacated space. Though it's thoroughly against my nature, however, I'm letting logic drive today. So...

Just my two Republic Credits worth. *pshrug*
Introducing new Dark Side RocketGirl™: Quicker, Easier, More Seductive!

ImageImage

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 am

For some reason I have mixed feelings about this thread. I like it to see how many people want me to not get banned but yet it tears me to see how many people consider me annoying. I never knew that I was annoying. Believe me, being stuck with two younger brothers I know what annoying is. It's kind of a shock to see people list grievance about me. I knew that I wasn't the most popular member but I never knew that I was so loathed. Well, what are you going to do? I am trying to stop some of the things that put me in this situation in the first place, there were some post I was dying to responde to but then I decided not to because based on what you all say is considered annoying due to over posting. So I guess that explains my recent lack of posting. This action has lead to a decrease in posting and flamewars. I hope your happy.

I also like to appalogize for my recent outburst. I really just snapped. Which is okay since it has been my first in about three years. I really was just tired. I just felt that the harrasment shouldn't go unpunished. I knew since I haven't been a what I would consider "bad" member it would give me some unwanted attention. Just didn't know it would lead to this. I don't like to blame my problems on other people since you can't change them. It was my fault for acting so rash. Sorry.
Last edited by Segovia on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:10 am

there's really only like 4 people that "hate" you and one of them was banned

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:31 am

there's really only like 4 people that "hate" you and one of them was banned
I find that hilarious.

On topic though, Its hard to see both sides of this argument. More often than not its just people abusing [insert alias here] because they pick out a small mistake, and then work away at it until they piss him off. This thread is a perfect example of what they had planned in the first place.
ImageImage

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 am

For some reason I have mixed feelings about this thread. I like it to see how many people want me to not get banned but yet it tears me to see how many people consider me annoying.
I kinna empathize, in a way; goodness knows that my sense of humor isn't for everyone, and undoubtedly there'z folks out there---perhaps even here--who find me off-putting. It's happened before; I'm an acquired taste.

I suppose the real question is how one deals with that...on both ends, actually; it can be really difficult not to put annoying people through the same wringer others have put you through in the past.

Personally, I've found it quite useful to deflect peoples' annoyance, either by taking the wind out of their sails by quite cheerfully refusing to take offense when they lash out, or by finding ways to take their insults and barbs (cuz that's usually the form their reactions take, as opposed to constructive criticism) and rework them so that you're now both sharing a laugh, possibly by adopting a self-deprecating stance.
Not really a one-size-fits-all solution, but...well, it's a suggestion.
I never knew that I was annoying.
Would it be useful if one were to provide candid commentary when it happens, as opposed to simply reacting? I'd be willing to do that, and do it honestly, without rancor; d'know about others.
Believe me, being stuck with two younger brothers I know what annoying is. It's kind of a shock to see people list grievance about me. I knew that I wasn't the most popular member but I never knew that I was so loathed.
I'm new to this board, so...it took me a few days to get the vibe. But in our first few exchanges, I found myself thinkin', "What's with this guy?" Then I noticed how others reacted an' I was all, "Oh...I think I just found the Define Cynical Punching Bag™, the one who brings it on themself." Every board's got one...at least, every board I've ever been on. Heck, it's even been ME, once.

A lot of the time, all it really comes down to is that boards have a vibe, and if one isn't in tune with that vibe, one tends to be an outsider...not always a bad thing, but it can lead to one not-fitting in a way that really gets peoples' hackles up. By no means does this mean one should conform 100%--obviously there'll be some wiggle room, sometimes a lot of wiggle room, in how one can behave without alienating folks--but, there are probably lines one would do well to not cross without a damn good reason.

If your posted birthdate is accurate, I've been posting on the web since you were, like, two years old; longer, if dial-up BBSes count. So...sussing out the vibe of Define Cynical wasn't hard. I'm just sayin'...even a complete freakshow like me can get in good with new folks without compromising one's personality; I'm sure you can, too.
This action has lead to a decrease in posting and flamewars. I hope your happy.
I am, but...that's mostly a post-inauguration and junk food high. :D

Anyway...I hate making this post, actually; I'm trying like hell to be constructive, but it's hard to explain to someone why you find them off-putting--and what to do about it--without sounding like you're just dumping on them.

ImageImage

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:47 am

I was the punchingbag at one point

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:50 am

I was the punchingbag at one point
Huh...for some reason, you don't seem like the person that would have that kind of disposition.
ImageImage

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 am

well, it wasn't a malicious hatefest like some of the other punchingbags we've had. and, this was five years ago. and, I guess I probably made that up for the most part.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:25 am

I just like to derail awful threads...I gave him sage advice on arts. He doesn't listen to the community at all though...ahurrhurr hurrr
so there's a high school football coach sittin on the couch,
with a toothpick in his mouth.
and the stray dog won't forget the day,
he tricked him with a chocolate shake. (little trick)

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Well since that this thread is practically done, I would like to say one last thing. I am sorry for annoying you all in one way or another. Please give me another chance to redeem myself to win some respect from you all.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 am

Okay. One more chance.

*recalls the robot ninja assassins*

ImageImage

Return to “The Site”