Changes, and your suggestions

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

likeafox
Administrator
Changes, and your suggestions

Postby likeafox » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:59 pm

With O&M completely wrapped up, there has been speculation, suggestions, and other stuff flying around regarding what will happen to our forums, Define "Cynical"

The answer is, it can change a lot, or very little; it's up to you. Please post in this thread any changes you'd like to see/not see.

Here are a few ideas that I've remembered people posting off the top of my head:

1)
Music Forum?

2)
I'm curious, will this forum switch its focus (at least in Current Strips) onto the new Raine Dog comic once it begins?
As for me, I'm completely favor of Current Strips being used for Raine Dog comics;
I'm pretty much split 50/50 on the music forum;
and I'm fully against the overall theme of DC being changed to Raine Dog.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:14 pm

I think that even if no one decided to have DC be a place to discuss raine dog, I would start doing it anyway by posting the strips and all.

music forum's dumb. Sure, people claim to have music, but I never see any. I say, post your music so we know it's there or you don't get it
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Music forum is dumb because it would be dominated by shitty ZOMG DARQ TRANKILLITY IZ GRATE!!!!! threads.

jay kay.

I like the forum the way it is, I don't see any problem discussing the new comic. I don't read the current one, I won't read the new one. Nothing would change on my front.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Keep the O&M forums separate (moved to the bottom of the forum listing perhaps), create a new "Current Strip" forum specifically for Raine Dog, don't really care about the music forum, keep everything else the way it is.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm

Don't change the theme, leave that the same.

Music forum I can take or leave,

and as for a new current strips area for Raine Dog, go for it. I'm sure I'll read it simply to have another comic to read, if nothing else.

I agree with moving the old current strips one for O&M to the bottom of the list, or just labelling it as for O&M, and then label the new one as for Raine Dog, especially since DCS said that updating on O&M might occur in the future, just as little off-updates.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Now that it's been put forth, I'd say:
  • Create a new Raine Dog category with both General Discussion and Current Strips forums;
  • Move Fanworks down into the second-now-third section;
  • Edit the themes so the sections have names again;
  • Optionally, rework the main theme to incorporate elements of both strips;
  • Upgrade the heck to PHPBB3 already!

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:53 pm

I probably won't read the Raine Dog comic so won't keep up with the forum for it. I'd rather we not aim as a fan forum for it but if there's a general call, who am I to say no.

However unlike one or two people I think if the forum's to survive in the long run there needs to be an influx of new people now and then. If the forum doesn't have a central theme it's going to stop attracting new members and lose a few current ones because it will devolve to a place where a select few forum regulars who have come to know each other well will turn it into a personal forum (could be argued this already happens sometimes) for friends. I'm sure a few here have seen this happen.

It all depends how much you care for the forum to continue I guess.

As for a possible music forum. Is there much call for it? If it does become a Raine Dog fan forum then may I suggest moving the Fanworks forum along with the Ozy and Millie stuff to the bottom and creating a forum for general personal creations not just for fanart (so name it appropriately) but also pictures, music, flash movies, anything the person has created.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:21 pm

OH OK I THOUGHT MUSIC MEANT "POST THE MUSIC U MAEK" NEVERMIND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY "HEY MOTHER pairs of pants LISTEN TO MY HXC PUNX I GOT"

and I agree with Jack on that DCS is a crazy cracker (only crackers are crazy enough to think that they're bitches when they're pimps) and I probably wouldn't actually read Raine Doggy but wtf ever we need to always have new members because this forum would suck if it was just Fritz and Ibun going "HEY LOL pants YOU" all the time you know

plus look at all the cool new members lately:
Johnathan Segovia
MuffinSticks
RocketGirl (girl's named after having sex how pantsless cool is that I wish my parents had named me about having sex)
Lamandus
Lewis The Tank
and Yours Truly.

none of those people would be here if we didn't have a real pool of fans to draw from.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:53 pm

OH OK I THOUGHT MUSIC MEANT "POST THE MUSIC U MAEK" NEVERMIND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY "HEY MOTHER pairs of pants LISTEN TO MY HXC PUNX I GOT"

and I agree with Jack on that DCS is a crazy cracker (only crackers are crazy enough to think that they're bitches when they're pimps) and I probably wouldn't actually read Raine Doggy but wtf ever we need to always have new members because this forum would suck if it was just Fritz and Ibun going "HEY LOL pants YOU" all the time you know

plus look at all the cool new members lately:
Johnathan Segovia
MuffinSticks
RocketGirl (girl's named after having sex how pantsless cool is that I wish my parents had named me about having sex)
Lamandus
Lewis The Tank
and Yours Truly.

none of those people would be here if we didn't have a real pool of fans to draw from.
I second this. You need to have a section for the new comic in order to draw in new members who might be cool and permanent. However, don't force a Raine Dog themed site design on those of us who won't read it. I don't want that on my forum. Keep O&M seperate from Raine Dog, and don't replace any O&M sections. Basically, keep the site the same except with a few Raine Dog additives.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:16 pm

I don't really care if a music forum is added or not. It'll be nothing but circlejerks but that's pretty much what Fanworks already is. Same thing for Raine Dog strips.
this forum would suck if it was just Fritz and Ibun going "HEY LOL pants YOU" all the time you know
fritz <3 jeff posting brothers 4 life

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:26 pm

be nothing but circlejerks
hell no that band sucks

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 pm

• Shove the old O&M forums down to the bottom of the list and put Anything on top.
  • Rename Anything to Everything
  • Make me an admin and mod of Everything.
  • Bring back the yiff forum
  • Remove the swear filters
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Doog has no concept of what the word cool or new means.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 pm

Don't change the theme, leave that the same.

Music forum I can take or leave,

and as for a new current strips area for Raine Dog, go for it. I'm sure I'll read it simply to have another comic to read, if nothing else.

I agree with moving the old current strips one for O&M to the bottom of the list, or just labelling it as for O&M, and then label the new one as for Raine Dog, especially since DCS said that updating on O&M might occur in the future, just as little off-updates.
I agree. Leave this on as O&M themed. You could add music it you like. A musician myself support that. You can add Raine dog to the current strip forum in hope it would at least be close to O&M.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Personally, I think we should make the overall theme of the forum more generalized now that O&M is pretty much done and over with. Heck, 90% of the things we talk about aren't about O&M anyway. :D

1: Current strips, sure, put in Rain Dog stuff, that's fine.

2: Music forum, well, just make some appropriate threads in the "Anything" section.

3:
Keep the O&M forums separate (moved to the bottom of the forum listing perhaps)
Although honestly, I'm pretty much fine with whatever happens to the forum.
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Return to “The Site”