post count

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 pm

OMG ppl I'm 6th in post count how could this have happened?
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:00 pm

I've already read the tutorial, thank you. I just need to get more fluent in the language. I was going to write these things in Python, but switched to Perl for two reasons: good libraries easily available (I trust Python will have these in a few years) and easy text processing. I've written a few things in Python, and might end up doing a large project in Python next semester (although more likely PHP)
Python has libraries for practically everything. The language has developed very quickly indeed, and it's now just as full-featured as Perl (and possibly more so).
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 am

This thread sucks.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:34 pm

open(Q,$0);while(<Q>){if(/^#(.*)$/){for(split('-',$1)){$q=0;for(split){s/\|/:.:/xg;s/:/../g;$Q=$_?length:$_;$q+=$q?$Q:$Q*20;}print chr($q);}}}print"\n";
It's sad that I know what that does not because I understand the code, but because I've seen it before.

Return to “The Site”