O&M ends... and then?

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri May 02, 2008 8:05 am

OSPREY. OSPREY. OSPREY.

Now I'm going to pluck my own heart from my chest cavity. This should be interesting. Updates tomorrow at dawn...
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Sage

Postby Sage » Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Trillian
I never figured out how to add IRC to Trillian.

Too late now, I use something else for IRC

EDIT: I'll go to IRC maybe

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri May 02, 2008 11:32 pm

OSPREY. OSPREY. OSPREY.

Now I'm going to pluck my own heart from my chest cavity. This should be interesting. Updates tomorrow at dawn...
Oh no, I'm getting no blood flow. Please call for a paramedic...oh wait, you can't, you're dead...
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat May 03, 2008 12:32 am

I would get on the IRC channel, but whenever I do, people whine about my use of coloured font
I whine because I love it :3

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Sat May 03, 2008 5:50 pm

colored font is cool. or should I say...color font is cool!!!
Nathan

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon May 05, 2008 3:01 am

I would get on the IRC channel, but whenever I do, people whine about my use of coloured font (something I can't do anything about in Trillian).
I wasn't aware you could even have a default text color in Trillian. I used Trillian for IRC for a while before giving up and switching to mIRC, which makes for a much better experience. You can mess with the colors to make them resemble Trillian if you'd like.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Mon May 05, 2008 6:22 am

I would get on the IRC channel, but whenever I do, people whine about my use of coloured font (something I can't do anything about in Trillian).
I wasn't aware you could even have a default text color in Trillian. I used Trillian for IRC for a while before giving up and switching to mIRC, which makes for a much better experience. You can mess with the colors to make them resemble Trillian if you'd like.
Well, I like to use bold purple font in all my IM chats, and in Trillian 3, the font settings are applied to all protocols, including IRC. So, unless I change my system-wide settings every time I connect to IRC, which I consider highly unreasonable for a medium I seldom use, my font will be purple.

And, every single time I've gotten into this site's IRC channel, someone always complains about it. Thus, I've stopped joining in. And, I'm well aware of mIRC, and have used it before, but I don't really use IRC enough to justify putting it on my main desktop machine. Might put it on my laptop, though.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 pm

I used to be an admin at a board which was devoted to an online game. (Arloest was, too.) As time went on, the board stopped focusing on the game and became a haven of general nonsense. But, that's when it was at its BEST. We were a close-knit community and had some amazingly fun times. Eventually the game pretty much died, but the forum stayed around. People left, and new people came, although the former happened faster than the latter, and eventually the board died. But dammit, it was a heck of a ride. It was literally like the board went through a full, human-like life cycle, complete with angsty teenage years, middle age, a happy peaceful retirement, and a painless death.

I envision something similar happening here... and I have NO problem with that. In fact, I look forward to it.

Sage

Postby Sage » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

I envision something similar happening here... and I have NO problem with that. In fact, I look forward to it.
I'll miss you guys then =(

Well, some of you at least. :marty:

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Mon May 05, 2008 1:04 pm

I can see that happening here too. It happened at another board I moderated, though on a much larger scale.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 pm

I used to be an admin at a board which was devoted to an online game. (Arloest was, too.) As time went on, the board stopped focusing on the game and became a haven of general nonsense. But, that's when it was at its BEST. We were a close-knit community and had some amazingly fun times. Eventually the game pretty much died, but the forum stayed around. People left, and new people came, although the former happened faster than the latter, and eventually the board died. But dammit, it was a heck of a ride. It was literally like the board went through a full, human-like life cycle, complete with angsty teenage years, middle age, a happy peaceful retirement, and a painless death.
Actually, I remember the whole board being divided near the end over a big conflict involving Spencer and the architects. There was lots of yelling and Becky was making a fuss and everything was hostile. The conflict eventually subsided, but the board never really recovered.

So I see it more like the board having a heart attack, recovering somewhat and then dying.

Also I was an 'effin horrible admin at those boards (when I was for those 2 days) back in 2002.
Last edited by Arloest on Mon May 05, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

optiMITCHprime
Location:on the planet next to alpha centauri that nobody ever notices

Postby optiMITCHprime » Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 pm

I personally believe this forum will not die. we'll tell our friends about this place, we'll tell strangers about this place. As, long as we've got the archived Ozy and Millie strips, hope, and possibly stumbleupon ( which is awesome if you've never heard of it), we will not go down! (at least not without a fight)
Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon May 05, 2008 10:33 pm

I personally believe this forum will not die. we'll tell our friends about this place, we'll tell strangers about this place. As, long as we've got the archived Ozy and Millie strips, hope, and possibly stumbleupon ( which is awesome if you've never heard of it), we will not go down! (at least not without a fight)

Nein. Every board dies eventually.

How's THAT for a pessimistic slap in the face.

Edit: Haha, this was my 3,000th post.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

optiMITCHprime
Location:on the planet next to alpha centauri that nobody ever notices

Postby optiMITCHprime » Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 pm

I guess you're right, but I bet that they'll be no signs of death till 2020
Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue May 06, 2008 1:23 am

we'll tell our friends about this place, we'll tell strangers about this place.
No we will not.

Return to “The Site”