Question?

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

GeorgiaCoyote
Question?

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Has this been occurring with anyone else? I have my account here set up to e-mail me when topics I contributed to have been replied to. Lately I haven't been getting those e-mails. Yes I checked my Spam folder to make sure they weren't being mistaken for junk mail. It was working fine up until the beginning of this week I believe. Just wandering if anyone else is having this problem.
Nathan

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:25 pm

You have to make sure that you visit the topics logged in when you've recieved the e-mail else it doesn't clear the flag saying a new e-mail is required and you can't open the topic in a tag and close the tag before navigating away from the topic to another part of the forum.

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

datherman

Postby datherman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:39 pm

I don't use that feature, but I haven't been getting any "You received a new PM" emails recently. Not sure if that's related.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:26 pm

You have to make sure that you visit the topics logged in when you've recieved the e-mail else it doesn't clear the flag saying a new e-mail is required and you can't open the topic in a tag and close the tag before navigating away from the topic to another part of the forum.
I think you've misunderstood my question. I am referring to just receiving e-mail announcements for topic replies and new PM's. That's an option you can set in your personal profile. It has been working until recently. Now I'm getting no e-mails whatsoever from the forum. On a side note baloki I have to say I like your forum skin. It's the one I use. Very nice.
I don't use that feature, but I haven't been getting any "You received a new PM" emails recently. Not sure if that's related.
That is related because that applies to me too. I don't get notification of new replies or new PM's.
Nathan

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:35 pm

I think you only get notifications if somebody directly responds to your post. If they hit the reply button on somebody else's it doesn't send any notification.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:40 pm

I think you only get notifications if somebody directly responds to your post.
Seems like he's not even getting that much.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:07 pm

I think you only get notifications if somebody directly responds to your post. If they hit the reply button on somebody else's it doesn't send any notification.
I have noticed that notifications only come after I directly post to a topic, I know that. The thing here is I'm getting nothing at all, including new PM notifications.
Nathan

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:48 am

By which you mean they hit Quote on your post? There's no Reply button on individual posts in phpBB. Either way that doesn't make much sense. Quoting is a poor gauge of whether or not their reply is directed at someone in particular, and an even worse gauge of whether or not it is useful to that someone.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:32 am

Your logic and facts mean nothing to me.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Return to “The Site”