Ken Jennings

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:58 pm

*starts uhh... what's the word? raving? DJ-ing? ah, whatever, you get the general idea.*<br><br>Serve the mind...<br><br>...I control the groove...<br><br>...serve tha mind...<br><br>...I control the groove...<br><br>...Serve teh hive...<br><br>...I controll the way you move...
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:10 pm

When they said Zerg the first thing I thought of was Buzz Lightyear: "As a member of the elite Universe Protection Unit of the Space Ranger Corps, I protect the galaxy from the threat of invasion from the evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance!"<br><br>Yes I have it memorized. My brother used to watch it once a month.

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:57 am

...Getting back to the topic at hand...<br><br><a href='http://www.betanews.com/article/Jeopard ... 1102348850' target='_blank'>Ken Jennings is now a spokesman for Encarta.</a><br><br>Article text:<br><!--QuoteBegin-BetaNews+--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (BetaNews)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> <br><b>Jeopardy! Whiz Becomes Encarta Spokesman</b><br>By Nate Mook, BetaNews<br>December 6, 2004, 11:00 AM<br><br>Microsoft has tapped Jeopardy! king Ken Jennings, who recently finished his 75-game run on the show, to become the spokesman for its Encarta product line. Jennings will embark on a nationwide media tour called "Quiz the Whiz" that challenges news desks to stump the human encyclopedia with questions from Microsoft's Encarta Reference Library Premium 2005.<br><br>Jennings broke the game show record books this year and attracted a cult following by answering 2,700 Jeopardy! questions and raking in over $2.5 million in winnings. Before he takes off to Europe with his family next summer, Jennings hopes to pass on some of his passion for learning.<br><br>"It seems like a natural fit: Encarta has a long-standing commitment to furthering education, and I've had a lot of kids tell me that watching me on "Jeopardy!" has made reading and learning seem just a little cooler," Jennings told Microsoft in an interview.<br><br>Jennings also warned against relying solely on the Internet for researching information. "The Internet can be an incredible resource, but the scary thing is you never know what's out there or whether the answer you will find will be accurate. In fact, out of curiosity I searched for myself once and turned up all sorts of erroneous information," he said. "One seemingly reputable and authoritative page even had my name wrong!"<br><br>Ironically, Microsoft also mixed up his name in the interview, referring to the trivia whiz as "Jenkins."<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br><br><span style='color:#64008D'>Mod note: Fixed link tag.</span>
Last edited by GhostWay on Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:10 pm

Not surprising that he'd get signed like that
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Return to “World Events”