Weird News

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Hurray for bras and boo for sociopathic tumbleweeds!
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:30 pm

If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:17 am

A giant snow penis at Harvard, torn down only hours after its erection
That is a perfect line.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:17 am

< smith> right, I just opened the yellow pages at random to the "scaffolding" page
< smith> and there's an advert saying "ENSURE YOUR NEXT ERECTION IS IN SAFE HANDS"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:43 am

There were a few lines that made me facepalm a little, because they were so stupid, but part of THIS sentence just made me hate the speaker.
She said the snow penis follows a long line of public phallic symbols, including the Washington Monument and missiles.
Does she know nothing of the realm of physics? Missiles aren't shaped that way because of penis-envy, they're shaped that way because of AERODYNAMICS. Fecking idiot.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:47 am

Does she know nothing of the realm of physics? Missiles aren't shaped that way because of penis-envy, they're shaped that way because of AERODYNAMICS. Fecking idiot.
Think about it: would warfare really be that different if we just launched giant dicks at eachother?

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:48 am

Think about it: would warfare really be that different if we just launched giant dicks at eachother?
It honestly would not. But she's still pants on head retarded.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:49 am

It honestly would not. But she's still pants on head retarded.
I bet she's the same lady who claimed rainbows in sprinklers are a government conspiracy.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:06 am

You're all wrong. Missiles are shaped the way they are so that they can get through the intartubes without clogging them. TOOBZ man, TOOBZ!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:34 am

Has everyone heard about that meteor that appeared in canada? I heard that the government is paying $10,000 for a chunk of that meteor.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Justice: School Spirit Diluted
A 50-year-old Minnesotan told authorities he was fed up with teens toilet-papering his house during homecoming week. This year, he decided to defend his property -- with a squirt gun filled with fox urine. Now, Scott Wagar is in trouble with the law. He pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in Kandiyohi County District Court to misdemeanor assault. He was released on personal recognizance. On Sept. 16, Wagar used night vision goggles and saw 15 to 20 teens running toward his place. He told them to leave and then sprayed them with the fox urine.
I think he should be acquitted. He ought to defend his place somehow, and I can think of worse ways. Less creative ones, too. Just how easy is it to collect fox urine into a squirt gun, anyway?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:50 pm

A New York surgeon embroiled in a nearly four-year divorce fight wants his estranged wife to return the kidney he donated to her, although he says he'll settle for $1.5 million.
:o He must really hate her.
67: The amount, in thousands of dollars, Chicago school employees spent on espresso machines for a culinary arts program, a report found. One employee was fired because of the purchases.
Let's face it: caffeine addiction can be a big problem.

And speaking of addictions...
The country that gave the world chewing gum is getting gummed up: The average square yard of Mexico City sidewalk has 70 blobs of discarded chew.
:shock: Okay, that's a dealbreaker for me. If I visit Mexico in the near future, it won't be that city.

The article also mentions that Mexicans chew about half as much gum each year as Americans. So why are they that much worse about disposing of it?

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:33 pm

BANGKOK (AFP) – A Thai fireman turned superhero when he dressed up as comic-book character Spider-Man to coax a frightened eight-year-old from a balcony, police said Tuesday.

Teachers at a special needs school in Bangkok alerted authorities on Monday when an autistic pupil, scared of attending his first day at school, sat out on the third-floor ledge and refused to come inside, a police sergeant told AFP.

Despite teachers' efforts to beckon the boy inside, he refused to budge until his mother mentioned her son's love of superheroes, prompting fireman Sonchai Yoosabai to take a novel approach to the problem.

The rescuer dashed back to his fire station and made a quick change into a Spider-Man costume before returning to the boy, he said.

"I told him Spider-Man is here to rescue you, no monsters are going to attack you and I told him to walk slowly towards me as running could be dangerous," Somchai told local television.

The young boy immediately stood up and walked into his rescuer's arms, police said.

Somchai said he keeps the Spider-Man costume and an outfit of Japanese television character Ultraman at the station in order to liven up school fire drills.
What a nice little story! I read this over at the Jack forum and had to post it here.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 am

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/42719592.html
These days, a North Idaho neighborhood lives under the threat of a sneaky midnight burglar notorious for airing neighbours' dirty laundry. The suspect: Jack, a 1-year-old feline who can't keep his paws off of anything, especially other people's clothes.

When night falls, Jack rises and sets out on the prowl, looking for pants, shirts and even underpants to claim as his own. "It's his fetish. He collects clothing mainly at night," said Jack's owner, Judy Waring. "He lives life in the fast lane."

Waring said Jack usually heads out for a heist around 4 a.m., and sometimes stays out all night. And as the sun rises, Jack falls fast asleep. By day, he's one tired cat, looking as innocent can be, as he catches up on sleep with his legs lazily stretched out on the carpet.

Waring said Jack wasn't born astray; she said he picked up his sneaky habit last October. Since then, Jack has brought home two towels, a stuffed duck and 27 pairs of gloves - some of which were brand new, just to name a few acquisitions. "Gap sun hat, these (men's underpants) speak for themselves, designer shorts - lined, which I may decide to keep," Waring said.

Waring said her favourite among the things Jack has brought home is a black dressy glove. "It's so dressy and nice. I tried it on once, and it looked really wonderful. And I'm hoping Jack brings the other one home," she said. But as the loot piled up, Waring decided she couldn't keep Jack's habit a secret any longer.

She hung up all the goods on a clothes line in front of her house, hoping neighbours would find something they've been missing. There was so many things on display that when Waring's neighbour saw the setup, she thought she was having a yard sale. "I wanted to absolve any blame that we might receive," Waring said.

Return to “World Events”