tention between South and nord korea grows

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Muninn
Moderator (retired)
Re: tention between South and nord korea grows

Postby Muninn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm

It's easier to dismiss it when you're half a world away but South Korea and Japan have certainly got more to be cautious about, whether North Korea has any reliable nuclear weapons or not. I don't know if North Korea has as much destructive potential as Bacon outlined in his probable war scenario though.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't know if North Korea has as much destructive potential as Bacon
NOTHING matches the destructive potential of BACON!

Merry Christmas, DC

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 pm

I don't know if North Korea has as much delicious potential as Bacon
NOTHING matches the delicious potential of BACON!
Last edited by Merry Christmas, DC on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meh, shes a lesbian.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:56 pm

.../quote]... (for quotes, read above; removed here for space)

That's just my 2 cents though. Whatever.
I'm not saying NK is going to destroy America and everything it holds dear, so lets bomb the tears out of them. But the statement that was initially quoted left the impression of "Oh, well it's not like their threats mean anything at all so we should just ignore this s.o.b." The fact of the matter is simply that they have actively threatened the US and countries surrounding theirs.

Secondly, it's not so early stage if there are tests on record with actual nuclear explosions.

Thirdly, you've agreed with me in the most important region; talking to Kim Jong Ill is uselsess. And as you stated:
However, I agree that while it's not a threat, it can become one soon. I think we could solve that if we started being more decisive and absolute in our communications with NK. (I don't mean "Decisive" here, keep that in mind.) That way, Kim and his starving people will know that we mean more than just some random sanctions tossed around the UN headquarters.
Yes. Exactly. They've gotten the explosive detonations they want, but have been unable to design, create, or produce a functional delivery system. Not being a nuclear scientist, I can only assume that they may also have a lot of work left before they can actually utilize the full yield of the enriched materials.

I'm not saying we need to go in and through military might take out their government, I'm not saying "glass them", just that there is a notable issue worth watching carefully and ensuring these acts of aggression NK has tried (and sometimes succeeded) to display don't turn into nuclear conflict anywhere. With our troops stationed for the long term in South Korea, if something happens in that region, US troops will be dying as well as whomever else is targeted.

I just wish I had any idea of an option that'd work to stop this from growing. Espionage to sabotage equipment in a non-fatal way? UN sanctions certainly won't do it :ninja: :dragon:

Also, yes, Bacon's power is a force to be reckoned with!
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I don't know if North Korea has as much destructive potential as Bacon
NOTHING matches the delicious potential of BACON!
Doesn't seem to affect me.

Return to “World Events”