Michael Jackson dead at 50

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Baconsticks
Michael Jackson dead at 50

Postby Baconsticks » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 pm

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and set the world dancing to exuberant rhythms for decades, died on Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.

There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

"We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.

It added, "A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived."

Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits included "Thriller" and "Billie Jean," had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within minutes of going on sale in March.

His lifetime record sales tally is believed to be around 750 million, which, added to the 13 Grammy Awards he received, makes him one of the most successful entertainers of all time.

He lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There were concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

CHILD STAR TO MEGASTAR

Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, the seventh of nine children. Five Jackson boys -- Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael -- first performed together at a talent show when Michael was 6. They walked off with first prize and went on to become a best-selling band, The Jackson Five, and then The Jackson 5.

Jackson made his first solo album in 1972, and released "Thriller" in 1982, which became a smash hit that yielded seven top-10 singles. The album sold 21 million copies in the United States and at least 27 million worldwide.

The next year, he unveiled his signature "moonwalk" dance move while performing "Billie Jean" during an NBC special.

In 1994, Jackson married Elvis Presley's only child, Lisa Marie, but the marriage ended in divorce in 1996. Jackson married Debbie Rowe the same year and had two children, before splitting in 1999. The couple never lived together.

Jackson has three children named Prince Michael I, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II, known for his brief public appearance when his father held him over the railing of a hotel balcony, causing widespread criticism.

(Additional Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Writing by Frances Kerry, Editing by Jackie Frank)
Goddammit.

Even though he touched a few boys, he was a damn good singer, and I still love thriller.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Damn it. I was going to post this. Yeah it's a loss to the music community. Although my brother started cheering when I told them.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 pm

=|
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

I honestly didn't see it coming.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Doc Sigma

Re: Michael Jackson dead at 50

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Goddammit.

Even though he touched a few boys, he was a damn good singer, and I still love thriller.
This. *cries* Farewell, King of Pop.

What a terrible week this has been... Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson?!

MaxFox

Postby MaxFox » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm

A victory for victims of child molestation everywhere... Good riddance f*cking freak!!!!

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:53 am

Grow up MaxFox
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:09 am

Yeah maxfox, you insensitive jerk T_T
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 am

Grow up MaxFox
ImageImage

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:27 am

A victory for victims of child molestation everywhere... Good riddance f*cking freak!!!!
John: You share the same views as my brothers.

David: QFT

Alex: Meh. When it's your time, it's your time.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 am

Your brothers are boring.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:38 am

They're hell. Just be glad you don't know them. Back on topic. Yeah, I'm indifferent on this. I like a couple of his songs but I wasn't a huge fan either.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 am

Even though I didn't like all his music, (and all the child molestation charges) he had a few good songs, could dance like nobody else, and had a tremendous influence on music, which continues even today. Because of that, I am saddened at his passing. I'm not really a true fan, never was, but I do have respect for him in that regard.
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:29 am

dude Micahel Jackson was WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD and the molestation charges don't even give the proper image. In fact they give the wrong image of how weird he is. Kids are just only know that.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 am

Even though I didn't like all his music, (and all the child molestation charges) he had a few good songs, could dance like nobody else, and had a tremendous influence on music, which continues even today. Because of that, I am saddened at his passing. I'm not really a true fan, never was, but I do have respect for him in that regard.
This is the gist of what I would have said if I wasn't too lazy to type it out. Well said, Gforce.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Return to “World Events”