Da Election!

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

Ankaris

Postby Ankaris » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:44 pm

Now for an oh-so-helpful political commentary by Ankaris!<br><br>My view on the American election can be nicely summarised by this:<br><br>www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com
Oh dear lord sig is fubar. o_o

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-darkdragon+Sep 27 2004, 11:21 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (darkdragon @ Sep 27 2004, 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dos+Sep 27 2004, 01:17 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Dr. Dos @ Sep 27 2004, 01:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Maybe I missed the newsflash but uh<br><br>what exactly was kerry's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE LIE <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br>You should watch the news more often. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> Probably, but can't you sum it up simply for me?
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ankaris+Sep 27 2004, 09:44 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Ankaris @ Sep 27 2004, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Now for an oh-so-helpful political commentary by Ankaris!<br><br>My view on the American election can be nicely summarised by this:<br><br>www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> Yeah, me too.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-darkdragon+Sep 27 2004, 11:21 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (darkdragon @ Sep 27 2004, 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dos+Sep 27 2004, 01:17 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Dr. Dos @ Sep 27 2004, 01:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Maybe I missed the newsflash but uh<br><br>what exactly was kerry's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE LIE <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br>You should watch the news more often. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> No he shouldn't.
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Septimius Severus

Postby Septimius Severus » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:33 am

You're a man after my own heart, Henohenomoheji
¡Mueran todos los reyes!

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:52 am

I second this call for clarification. Dr. Dos asked what Kerry's lie was, and received a very vague response amounting to "find it yourself". Now, not only am I lazy, but in principle, if you make a statement like "Kerry is a liar", it is YOUR job to back that up. So, Talitha, and all who agree with her, if y'all want to be taken seriously at all (especially by someone like me with significant experience in this field), you'd better come up with something to validate your claims. Otherwise, no one has any reason to listen to you and your whole argument is invalid by default.

Kizor

Postby Kizor » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 am

I'm afraid I have to agree with the request as well. I follow several newspapers, TV broadcasts both government-owned and commercial, and web sources from both sides of the fence, and I haven't managed to come across dauntingly obvious proof that Kerry is a liar and shouldn't be voted for.

Salad Man

Postby Salad Man » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:05 am

Note: Political adverts don't count as sources.
<center><span style='font-family:impact'><b><span style='font-size:26pt;line-height:100%'>afk brb bbq lol</b></span><br><br><!--QuoteBegin-Pokchu+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Pokchu)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Tell her she drew the Shiznit. =O<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br><br><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/saladman/' target='_blank'>(whisper whisper whisper)</a></span></span></center>

Sakie

Postby Sakie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-FelixSoftpaw+Sep 28 2004, 01:52 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (FelixSoftpaw @ Sep 28 2004, 01:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> I second this call for clarification. Dr. Dos asked what Kerry's lie was, and received a very vague response amounting to "find it yourself". Now, not only am I lazy, but in principle, if you make a statement like "Kerry is a liar", it is YOUR job to back that up. So, Talitha, and all who agree with her, if y'all want to be taken seriously at all (especially by someone like me with significant experience in this field), you'd better come up with something to validate your claims. Otherwise, no one has any reason to listen to you and your whole argument is invalid by default. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> Kinda long<br><br><br>WASHINGTON In a letter to television station managers they hope to convince to air their blistering 60-second commercial opposing John Kerry for president, the Swift Boat Vets for Truth reveal new details of their politically sizzling charges against the candidate who made his war experience the cornerstone of his convention acceptance speech. <br><br>Attempting to bolster their accusations that Kerry misrepresented slight injuries to win Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, the vets cite a March 13, 1969, incident for which the young lieutenant was decorated. <br> Two injuries a small bruise on his right arm and a minor injury to his buttocks won Kerry his Third Purple Heart and a trip home. However, the vets say, the wound to his buttocks was self-inflicted and should never have received Purple Heart consideration. <br><br>While Kerry claims the injury came from shrapnel from an underwater mine, Larry Thurlow, an officer on shore with Kerry that day, insists the wound was the result of Kerry's decision to throw a concussion grenade into a rice pile. The "shrapnel," he says, was actually rice pellets. <br><br>As further evidence, the vets say, Kerry himself reflected in his own journal that his buttocks' wound came, not from a mine but, rather, from a grenade tossed into a rice cache. <br><br>Sworn statements of those present say there was no hostile fire involved in this incident for which Kerry received his third Purple Heart and the coveted Bronze Star. <br><br>"The conclusion is inescapable: that Kerry lied by reporting to the Navy that he had been wounded by shrapnel in his backside from an enemy mine when in reality he negligently wounded himself and then lied about the wound in order to secure a third Purple Heart and a quick trip home," reads the letter. <br><br>The letter continues: "Kerry's operating report, Bronze Star story, and subsequent 'no man left behind' story are a total hoax on the Navy and the nation," they say. <br><br>As to the daring rescue discussed in the documentary video shown to the nation at the Democratic convention, the vets say the rescue was well underway under the leadership of others when Kerry returned to the scene where Special Forces soldier Jim Rassman was plucked out of the water. Eyewitnesses have signed affidavits explaining when Kerry returned, there was no more hostile fire. He just merely leaned over the boat and assisted Rassman out of the water. <br><br>"Kerry's account of this action, which was used to secure the Bronze Star and a third Purple Heart, is an extraordinary example of fraud," they say. <br><br>The letter also recounts the incident that occurred Dec. 2, 1968, that led to Kerry receiving his first Purple Heart. <br><br>Once again, the vets insist there was no hostile fire involved, and, again, they say, Kerry's very minor wound was self-inflicted. <br><br>According to the vets' account, Kerry, Navy Lt. William Schachte, and an enlisted man were on a whaler. <br><br>"Seeing movement from an unknown source, the sailors opened fire on the movement," the letter says. "There was no hostile fire. When Kerry's rifle jammed, he picked up an M-79 grenade launcher and fired a grenade at a nearby object. This sprayed the boat with shrapnel from Kerry's own grenade, a tiny piece of which embedded in Kerry's arm." <br><br>Upon examining Kerry's injury, Dr. Lewis Letson says he asked Kerry why he was there. <br><br>Kerry reportedly told him he had been wounded by hostile fire. Letson removed the tiny fragment with tweezers and placed a Band-Aid over the scratch. <br><br>The next morning, Kerry went to see Division Commander Grant Hibbard to ask for the Purple Heart. Hibbard had already spoken to Schachte and conducted an investigation. Hibbard's investigation revealed that Kerry's "rose thorn" scratch had been self-inflicted in the absence of hostile fire. Hibbard denied the award. <br><br>Some three months later, Kerry managed to obtain his first Purple Heart from an officer with no connection to Coastal Division 14 or knowledge of the Dec. 2, 1968, event, they say. <br><br>"All normal documentation supporting a Purple Heart is missing," the letter says. "There is absolutely no casualty report (i.e., spot report) or hostile fire report or after-action report in the Navy's files to support this 'Purple Heart' because there was no casualty, hostile fire, or action on which to report. The sole document relied upon by Kerry is a record showing the band aid and tweezers treatment by Dr. Letson recorded by deceased corpsman, Jess Carreon. <br><br>"There are no witnesses who claim to have seen hostile fire necessary for a Purple Heart (even a rose thorn Purple Heart) that day. At least three witnesses, Dr. Letson (who spoke to the participants and removed the M-79 fragment), Lt. Bill Schachte (on the boat), and Cmdr. Grant Hibbard (whose investigation revealed Kerry's application for a Purple Heart to be fraudulent), are able to testify directly or based upon contemporaneous investigation that Kerry's first Purple Heart was a fraud," says the letter. <br><br>Swift Boat Vets for Truth claims a membership of 254 sailors from Coastal Squadron One, ranging from vice admirals to seamen. They claim 16 of the 23 surviving officers who served with Kerry in swift boats in Vietnam and who could be found have joined.<br>

Sakie

Postby Sakie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:24 pm

Or maby <a href='http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/191797' target='_blank'>THIS</a> will sum it up lol. MMUUUUHHAHAHA

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Salad Man+Sep 29 2004, 12:05 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Salad Man @ Sep 29 2004, 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Note: Political adverts don't count as sources. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> [points to Salad Man's statement] Highly-biased political action groups do not count as sources either, and even if it did, they are making a huge deal out of something very trivial. Try again.

Sakie

Postby Sakie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:13 am

<!--QuoteBegin-FelixSoftpaw+Sep 30 2004, 01:33 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (FelixSoftpaw @ Sep 30 2004, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> <!--QuoteBegin-Salad Man+Sep 29 2004, 12:05 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Salad Man @ Sep 29 2004, 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Note: Political adverts don't count as sources. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br>[points to Salad Man's statement] Highly-biased political action groups do not count as sources either, and even if it did, they are making a huge deal out of something very trivial. Try again. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Have no clue what that means but I don't care because I am right MMUUHAHAHAH JOHN KERRY IS A LYING DOUCHE BAG your just mad because I found a lie john kerry told like a million times to every body in am America man he sure does take up after clinton

Salad Man

Postby Salad Man » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:32 am

I also think that people are overestimating how much it takes to get a Purple Heart.<br><br>You could literally get drunk and start a barfight then cut your arm and you'd still be eligible for that Purple Heart.<br><br>Really, there's no way to know <i>how</i> he got the injury. And frankly, I don't care. Unless he, say, intentionally took a knife to his ass. <i>That'd</i> be dishonest.<br><br>And it's not like he could have gone around without getting it treated; that would be a violation of orders. In Vietnam, you <i>had</i> to report any injury - otherwise, that jungle rot'll get ya.<br><br>I'd also like to add that Bush isn't exactly an angel either. When and if Kerry (Clinton too, I suppose. Though there's a bit more "when" and a bit less "if" to that.) lied, it didn't directly result in the death of anybody. Did Bush intentionally misrepresent the case for war? I don't know, but if he didn't, he really should've double checked first.
<center><span style='font-family:impact'><b><span style='font-size:26pt;line-height:100%'>afk brb bbq lol</b></span><br><br><!--QuoteBegin-Pokchu+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Pokchu)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Tell her she drew the Shiznit. =O<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br><br><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/saladman/' target='_blank'>(whisper whisper whisper)</a></span></span></center>

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:30 am

I think they both suck, but there's nothing we can do about it because people aren't gonna vote for the third party candidates... There's no propaganda about them at all, why vote for them? And I'm beginning to see Supersmoke's point... this discussion is getting a little out of hand...<br><br>Of course, I could be wrong.<br><br>WHY OH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO FIX THIS PLACE?!<br><br>...because people don't like wimps like that who aren't popular.<br><br>I answered my own question.<br><br>Right, I'm gonna go to bed before I become even more sleep deprived.
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

The_Sparrow_

Postby The_Sparrow_ » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:42 am

<a href='http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/swift.asp' target='_blank'>Snopes.com on the swift boat saga.</a>
Name's Timon Rustfur, call me Squeak.

Return to “World Events”